UFC #4 Crispy (Axis) vs Rambo (Allies)

September 1, 1939

{Europe}

Blitzkrieg in Poland! Oh yes, we know the route to Warsaw. Fighers, Tac hits Poland, Tank moves forward kills airforce, pops the capital. 2nd Panzer group kills army in our way then heads West, 3 army's strike Warsaw's defender for the kill and we occupy. No surrender! Damn it, it's always a possibility.

{China}

Defending Army sitting in the open fields near Chengchow gone. Special forces head North immediately, 2 damage to a corps. SF and corps ping Nanning. BB's begin bomardment of Foochow.

{Atlantic}

Graf Spree disrupts Trinidad merchant shipping.

New Zealand, South Africa join the Allies.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

October 1939

{Europe}

Polish forces try to reak havoc moving into German territory, they momentarily capture Danzig port, and hit my Tac Bomber. I kill all but 2 Army's this turn, and they give up and surrender.

{China}

Japanese forces move past Nanning, to block off any support for the coastal town. Chengchow under attack from Carriers and infantry, the defending army is halved to strength 5. SF gives 3 damage to northern corps.

All the usual Allies have entered the war, including India.

Not much Rambo can talk about early on, hopefully he gets in on this AAR it's pretty one sided so far.

October 28, 1939

{Europe}

Germans DOW Denmark and the Low Countries. An Amphibious corps was enough to take the Denmark, 2 Panzer groups destroy army in Brussels, mud means we can't walk into the open city. A corps moves to the coast near Brussels and spot 2 French ships waiting to pound them. Norway furious over Allies raiding their coast.

{China}

Carriers and infanty pound Chengchow, the army was destroyed. Jap Army moves in. Heavy losses to our surface fleet bombarding Foochow, which sucks, but the city is breaking down. 2 corps return with better weapons to assist SF in the north. Partisans pop up near Hong Kong.

November 26, 1939

{Europe}

Favourable weather welcomes our attacks into France. Panzer group and 2 Army's move into the front lines of France killing an army, reducing another to 4. German corps moves in to occupy Brussels, they surrender. German fighters exchange blows with French fighter on the mine. French Battleship come too close to Axis sub in Denmark's port and we sink it, no damage for the sub.

{China}

Foochow now supply 0, SF lands south of the city to cut off supply their secondary supply. Carriers, infantry reduce the defending corps to 4. More pinging in the north and in the mountains near Chengchow. A corps that is trying to rescue Nanning reduced to 3.

{Atlantic}

Cumberland Cruiser waits along the Brazilian coast for the Graf Spree, and we show up. Allied ships hits for 2-0.

December 24, 1939

{Europe}

Another French Army dies in the blowing snow. Panzers move deep into France, one reaches the capital where A french tank waits. The French navy is very active around Denmark, it looks like containment strategies. German subs pop another Cruiser from the safety of the Danish port for 8 damage.

{China}

Foochow conquered, carrier strikes and infantry do the trick, SF moves in. A Chinese army dies near Chengchow. More pinging in the North.

{Atlantic}

The Graf Spree resists another pop by the Cumberland and dissapear again.

Legend reporting for duty.

Jan. 1940 status report.

Poland (Warsaw) was smashed and taken in September 1939 by a madman & his followers. The Poles didn't not surrender immediately, they got a couple pops before finally waving the white flag.

Belgium went next, no surprise.

Currently, France is being invaded. He has a Panzer beside Paris. I've sent ships to the Channel hoping to support when possible (couple dings on Panzer) & preparing for necessary defense of England when the time comes. We ran into GraffSpree-Cruiser near Aruba, we both took contact damage....but have not seen her since.

China, we are playing an entrenchment style defense, forcing the Japs to overload on key objectives. He's done a good job so far....and I've yet to move a piece, just reinforcing. I've put an entrenchment beside Changsta.

January 1940

{Europe}

Panzers pound army infront of Paris down to strength 3. Hard to get anyting done in all this snow. Italy joins at the beginning of my turn and it's only January. The Italian airforce immediately turn their attention to Malta and get 1 hit.

{East Africa}

Looks like Italy got the jump on the South Africans, as the East African destroyer finds an African corps moving up the coast, it was worth 2 damage.

{Atlantic}

Graf Spree returns to Trinidad.

{China}

Nanning defender on the verge of collapase as they are reduced to 3. A Japanese carrier targets HQ near Chungking, 2 damage. More success in the North pinging corps.

[France] French Tank attacks Panzer NE of Paris, we reduce him down to strength-1, nearly a kill, couple BB did naval pings. Also pop his lead infantry for couple damage at the risk of weakened Magnoit Line....might as well get my MMPs out of the deadheads.

[Atlantic] Sadly, I know where his U-Boat is! Guarding his raiding GraffeSpree pirate. I sent damaged Cruiser-6, it is sunk on collision with U-Boat.

[African East Coast] Obviously, we sail away from DD-Italian.

[China] Nobody moves, keep the shovels, and grind house it out.

February 18, 1940

{Europe}

French Army infront of Paris killed by Panzer attacks while an Army on the west end of the Maginot is destroyed by German infantry. 2 Armies and Panzer adjacent to Paris now.

{Med}

Axis air continues to pound Malta.

{China}

Japanese capture Nanning with Carrier support. Not much luck anywhere else, until I get the pop up that Chinese Nationalists break out in fighting in the North.

March 1940

[France] Paris is reinforced to strength-10 Tank, entrenched x6. The weather will be rain for the Axis, hopefully that will buy me another turn, as rotating units in the rain might slow him.....along with those entrenchments. RAF & RN ping lead Panzer for 2-damage, I take none. RN also introduces a couple CV's to the area, attack the Panzer, but doing no damage, nor talking any.

[MedFront] Malta sits there, it's a Corp, what else would you expect.

[China] Fortress NE of Changsta is given to the reorganzied unit from Nanning. Crispy likes overwhelming "numbers" attacks, but causes him to take some damage when pinging strong positions. He's also doing the Northern China rotate tactic against Corp. Next move/target is his choice, we don't move, nor attack.

Wanna say I read "Japan bribes Russia" politically.

Crispy came into France strong, but has slowed down...looks like I'll make it to June. All my units pretty much dead, except for the big cheese tank entrenched in Paris. He'll take some damage. Overall, he's done well in France, he hasn't lost anything or taken any major damage.

Axis are pounding Malta from Sicily & landing Germans in Libya, West Libya......he's going to make an Algeria run I'm guess & no Vichey (guess).

China is China.

The ball is in Axis court.

May 12, 1940

{Europe)

Paris will fall next turn, the tank's entrenchment is gone and we have 2x Full strengh panzers ready for action. Not happy about the French lasting this long after I was able to break though so early.

{Med}

Malta is 0 supply. I can concur there is some German activity in Libya.

{China}

Same old, same old. Carriers are active in the south.

June 1940

Yeah, he was beside Paris back in January....Paris will be burning in June. He's possessed by Malta & has a huge interest in Algeria, guess he's thinking ahead for Patton's landing spot.

He's doing a troop rotation attack in Northern China against the weakest link, Chinese Corp & doing 5+ points damage per turn as I pay to fix the losers. Couple other of my Armies have gotten some experience, just need to reposition them to max-out their strength.

June, 1940

{Europe}

Paris captured. To Rambo's surprise we sign the Pact to create Vichy France. Good bye French fleet.

{China}

We cut off a corps from supply near Nanning, he's as good as dead. We continue to rotate in the North, meanwhile we are trying to wear down a super Army we help China create in the Central mountains.

No worries, never cared about the French then, now, or in the future.

The Chinese Corp is indeed doomed. He was cutting off the Jap Army, now he himself is cutoff. The Super Army has be railed out of harm's way. If I leave him by just reinforcing, he'll be waxed.....lets reposition the Chinese 5th Army. We also pop a different Jap Army from the entrenchments of the Changsta mountains, spice it up a little bit.

By the way, the Brits control Brest & Beudeux.

July 1940,

{European Theatre}

Axis DOW Tunsia, they surrender. The seige of Malta continues while air strikes begin on El Alamein. German troops in France prepare to wipe out British forces on the coast.

{Pacific Theatre}

Japanese forces kill a corps in the North, and the trapped corps in the South. Rain over China grounds our carrier attacks. Indochina invaded and surrendered.

July 1940

Legend here, and so are the Chinese. I lose a Corp in the North, nothing can do. Escaping with the 5th Army was wise, that unit was going to experience a 4-prong head splitting exposed on the front line East of the river. Lets do a slow stand at the next entrenchments. Rains this turn, so we dig & reinforce. I try a Tactical bomber without fighter support.....Japs still have Zeros in the region.....had to check to see if anybody home. Nice surprise at the end of the turn, Commie Special Forces have joined Chang Hi Check.

France, Brits hold the Western Coast cities, bring it on. I try Fighter attack, he has no Luftwaffen, they are all in the MedFront.

Malta is doomed in the long run. He's pouring troops into North Africa.

August 4, 1940

{Europe}

5th Mt. Corps moves to the coast of Franc to take a peek, Allied Battleship waiting. Seems like a trap, going to have to think about this.

{Africa}

War spreads to Algeria, both Italian and German troops move near the capital. Italian BB's destroy supply, this will be over soon. Malta down to strength 3, while we ping El Alamein with Italian Army and Axis Air.

{China}

Chinese army in Changsha barely holds on (strength 1) as they are surrounded by Massive Japanese strike force. In the North we break though decisively. An Army and SF have made it behind enemy lines, we find HQ's and planes. Rambo will have to do some schuffling.

Side note:

I am absolutely disgusted with how ineffective Diplomacy is. There is no way the percentage's are accurate.

September 1940

Crispy, what's up in France, you going to let the British Camp out for another year? He brings a weak Corp South towards Beadeux, it gets a ping from Naval & Carrier, down to strength-5. We also bomb German mine, no Luftwaffen in France. Didn't do any damage to the mine, nor took any.

Malta is strength-4 end turn, the kid really wants it.

Algeria is doomed.

El Amen is getting small pops from the West, we bring HQ beside to feed the troops.

Chinese move Air away due to break thru in the North. Ground troops are ordered to hold their ground. Stand & die. Cripsy went Ape on Changsta. He rotates in 4+ strong units + double CV pops, I'm down to strength-1 with luck, I guess? He took some damage. I had to reinforce the position.

Far as Diplo, depends on the scenario. In this '39 Classic, just ain't my style. I think Allies have better Diplo for USA if anything....depeneds on opponent. Spain seems like the biggest waste, you can take it in 1 to 2 turns. Why spend 800 MMPs on Diplo.

Yanks are busy reading script choices.

September 1, 1940

{Med}

Algeria Falls. German Paraptroopers take control of Malta.

{Europe}

Not rushing into the Western French coast to bang it up with the Allied Navy yet.

{China}

Changsha round 2 went better for the Chinese then I had hoped. In the North we gear up this turn, we storm again the next.

He's increasing the MedFront with Malta, Tunisa, & Algeria. I'm sure Rommell is on his way for the Egypt push attempt.

Yep, the British continue to dine in France.

Axis raids port of South Africa.

Northern Chinae the Allies didn't advance, rather they reinforce & resupply. Guessing, he'll try to roll-up the Northern Flank rather than dig deep.

Late September, 1940

{Europe}

A Italian Bomber used for spotting tells us the coast is clear (maybe) so Axis moves to dislodge British forces on the West coast of France, we kill the corps near Brest, and do good damage at Bordeaux.

Sick of being bottled up the Kriegsmarine makes its way into the English Channel looking for a fight.

{Med}

Casablanca remains under Allied control. Looks like some mop up duty is required. We back off from El Alamein this turn for some rest.

{China}

Changsha continues to hold on by the skim of their teeth, we are pounding them with everything we got. In the North we begin flank tactics moving behind their entrenched lines. We do some damage to a corps, and nail a HQ for some extra punishment.

October 1940

Yes, the British have now left France. Bordeaux is abandoned with the BEF strength-4 sailing away, can't take another turn of Tiger Tank. The Kreigsmarine has moved into the English Channel & has Luftwaffen support in France/Brussells. The Royal Navy is <unknown>....The RAF stationed at London has moved off the coast for obvious free ping reasons.

In Egypt, we attack weakly with Army & Corp....and a few support Austrailian Ships. the Axis can't be everywhere.

Chinese get HQ out of flank's harms way in the North. Rest of the units stay entrenchmed, his move. Changsta is attacked by 3-Carrier groups, and half dozen group units, and survives. I'm getting an exchange at a minimum in damage, this is good. A third entrenchment is built, this is good for Alamo defenses.

{Europe}

The Allied Navy seems to have vanished into thin air. Not sure what's up with that? Axis recapture Bordeaux, and Hungary and Romania join the Axis.

{Med}

Italian Navy sinks Aussier Crusier near Tobruk. Some shots exchanged between Italian and British infantry in the desert.

{China}

Changsha is demoralizing. This city is really holding for the Chinese. In the North another corps is near dead from flank attacks.