Latest patch install?

UdiHrant

When you launch TacOps you should be able to see the version number in the lower right corner of the green start box. It should say 'TacOps v4.0.6 [AH]'.

To see WWII units you will need to create a custom scenario. This is mentioned on page 100 of the 'Guide - User.pdf'. You cannot play a 'custom scenario' in Solitaire mode, you have to select one of the other modes. When the 'Select a scenario' dialog comes up to open a battle you can select one of the scenarios that starts as 'Custom Scenario...' and a service name. Then you will need to select a map (you need to browse for the 'Maps' directory in the dialog box) and then you will be presented with a password box (which you can leave blank). Now go to the 'Options' menu and select "Add Optional Units..". In here you will be presented with a list of formations and units (though they are typically modern era). Once you select one you will then be shown the 'Setup On-Map Units' dialog listing the units that you've just selected. Now go back to the 'Options' menu and this time select "Change Units & Weapons..". On the right-hand side of this dialog will be a vertical text list of options to control what is displayed in the lists. Check-mark the box for "World War II" and the available units you can change will be World War II era units. Highlight what you want replaced on the left hand window with a selection from right hand window.

The WWII units are not extensive and you'll notice some glaring omissions (no Tigers, Panthers, newer T-34s, etc.).

• 1 month later...

> The WWII units are not extensive and you'll notice some glaring omissions

> (no Tigers, Panthers, newer T-34s, etc.).

When I started the WWII mod experiment I only included items from the first year or two of the war. After several months of work there was still almost no interest in the WWII mod from my customer base at the time and the project moved to a back burner. Then I took up sailing. :)