Combat Mission for Newbies Guide

Ryujin

When in PBEM or WEGO mode one must be very wary when issuing direct targeting orders, especially to AFVs with limited supplies of HE shells. This ammo is really quickly used if an AFV is left firing for even 1 full minute.

You'll find a workaround to limiting ammo consumption and exposure in WEGO in the Shoot-n-Scoot sticky - http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=82035. I frequently use this tip to conserve ammo.

Thanks Grimbot. I had scanned that thread, but not quite far enough down to find the really useful tip in it; which I think is the "face" or "target arc" command on a waypoint after the "target" command which cancels the target order. No I think I'll be able to at least try out these tips in a WEGO battle.

Currently playing the Brit campaign on iron difficulty with a house rule to keep my casualties extremely low. Hopefully no dead in each scenario, but I lost 1 guy at the Border crossing and 5 wounded.

Well myself and toxic.zen are currently working on some stuff right now (Or rather he is working and I am making appreciative noises :) ). You would be welcome to join in!

When I get some time I will do some writing or graphics myself as well, maybe this weekend...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
yeah I know thats kind of creepy...Ive seen units clearing a trench, all enemy units already down (red) but not dead(dark brown) and one of my units actually shot them all until they were dark brown...I was disturbed by my pixel troops apparant war atrocities.....

hmmm as far as I know, all enemy units show up as light red, you dont know if they are dead or not :)