Modding question

Saarud

I want to use city improvements to give certain cities some unique features. These improvements shouldn't be buildable ever and I would, unlike other buildable improvements, like them to be undestroyable.

From what I gather the only way to decide how easy improvements are destroyed are by setting how much damage the units make on improvements. There are no way to set some improvements to be undestroyable. Right?

When I try to add improvents that aren't connected to a technology or buildable at start I get a warning about it. How can I get around this to start the scenario with some improvements on the map that can never be built during the game?

I want to use city improvements to give certain cities some unique features. These improvements shouldn't be buildable ever and I would, unlike other buildable improvements, like them to be undestroyable.

From what I gather the only way to decide how easy improvements are destroyed are by setting how much damage the units make on improvements. There are no way to set some improvements to be undestroyable. Right?

Yes, that's correct. I hadn't thought about undestroyable improvements. Did you have something specific in mind?

When I try to add improvents that aren't connected to a technology or buildable at start I get a warning about it. How can I get around this to start the scenario with some improvements on the map that can never be built during the game?

You mean you get a warning in the ruleset editor? I think the ruleset editor will warn you about that situation, but I don't think it will stop you from using that ruleset. Let me know if that's not true.

I am planning for a fantasy scenario (yeah... well I just got to test it), in this scenario every city will have it's own unique units and it's own income of food (which actually will represent money). I don't think I can do unique cities directly (correct me if I am wrong), but if i make a unique city improvements for those cities that have unique abilities then the abilities could be connected to the city improvements instead. These city improvements shouldn't be buildable and they shouldn't be destroyable and they should exist in the cities where they are at the start of the scenario.

I tried to load a ruleset I've made with 80 unique buidlings (first time I tried and I didn't know about the analyse feature) and it seemed liked it crashed but maybe I should just have clicked through 80 warnings. :)

I am planning for a fantasy scenario (yeah... well I just got to test it), in this scenario every city will have it's own unique units and it's own income of food (which actually will represent money). I don't think I can do unique cities directly (correct me if I am wrong), but if i make a unique city improvements for those cities that have unique abilities then the abilities could be connected to the city improvements instead. These city improvements shouldn't be buildable and they shouldn't be destroyable and they should exist in the cities where they are at the start of the scenario.

I tried to load a ruleset I've made with 80 unique buidlings (first time I tried and I didn't know about the analyse feature) and it seemed liked it crashed but maybe I should just have clicked through 80 warnings. :)

I tried setting up a ruleset with a city-improvement that isn't initially available and isn't in the research tree. I got a warning item in the analysis window, but didn't see any other problems other than that. I was able to setup a scenario, and able to play a game. Could you send me the ruleset so I could take a look at it and figure out what you're doing differently than me?