jpeg and 19.5kb

I need hints, I am googling, and not getting very far. I am not using very sophiticated tools, but the maximum size image (620x280) yields an image that is about 65kb in size. So, how do I keep that size but make it take 1/4th the kb in size?

I only am using Paint, and whatever default tools that come with Windows. My screen resolution is 1900x1280. Any thoughts I will try. Barring that, I will just get a Photobucket account and link the images for the AAR.

Thanks in advance.

Why do you need to reduce it size to 1/4?

An image that is 620x280 is 65kb, however to upload here there is a maximum of 19.5kb. I think the proper wording would be quality reduction to change that 65 kb to 19.5 kb. Using just what I have, to meet the 19.5 kb requirement, a jpeg is approximately 120x103 pixels in size, or about viewing 4 tiles. Not worth posting a screenie of that.

And thanks Wormie, will check those products out.

You don't need to upload it here.

I uploaded my pics at my blogger account, and than i simply inserted the adress of the uploaded jpg with the yellow poscard button "insert image".

If you click this button, you only need to insert the address of your picture.

I think the limited sizes only applies if you upload pictures at the battlefront server (what you wouldn't do when you use photobucked, btw.: and now its my time to say thank you for the info! Wasn't aware of this free service).

Hehe, thanks, paint.net has a quality save feature that will work. And for this server, Go advanced, then manage the images for upload. My tech knowledge starting slipping with HTML, as I noticed the trending of computers from a specialty item to mass market. Glad I did, as the computer industry is like any appliance industry now.

Hehe, thanks, paint.net has a quality save feature that will work.

I wouldn't go with the lower quality, you'll just have messed-up image to post. Use of the image hosting services noted about.

Best bet for what you're doing is the .png format. It preserves sharp edges (lossless compression) while .jpg does not (lossy compression).