Crashes and Newbie Questions

sluggard

Bought the game today. Made it through turn 11 and the game crashed. "Empires of Steel executable has stopped working". Windows Vista. Run as administrator.

Reloaded game using autosave file. Made it to turn 26. Crashed again. Game won't continue beyond this point using autosave.game.

Using Version 1.01 (Build 2818)

The upgrade page show 1.01.12532, but 1.01.2818 must be more current.

.2818 > .12532

While typing this I tried the game again and found how to re-create/work around the crash. When I try moving artillery (right-click) to a yellow circle transport pickup point that is at the shoreline, the game crashes. When I move it to another point on land, no problem.

I hope the game is not so buggy as to preclude enjoyment.

Bought the game today. Made it through turn 11 and the game crashed. "Empires of Steel executable has stopped working". Windows Vista. Run as administrator.

Reloaded game using autosave file. Made it to turn 26. Crashed again. Game won't continue beyond this point using autosave.game.

Using Version 1.01 (Build 2818)

The upgrade page show 1.01.12532, but 1.01.2818 must be more current.

.2818 > .12532

While typing this I tried the game again and found how to re-create/work around the crash. When I try moving artillery (right-click) to a yellow circle transport pickup point that is at the shoreline, the game crashes. When I move it to another point on land, no problem.

I hope the game is not so buggy as to preclude enjoyment.

(I assume you're the player that I responded to via email, so no need for a lengthy response here.)

As far as the version numbers, the build number is treated like three separate numbers. So, build 12532 is a newer build than 2818.