New file at the Repository: (SC2G) Brute Force 1939-1945 v2.17 (2010-08-30)

Im starting to find the same problems Nup had with China. I cant make it work right.

#1 Japs use too many MPPs to attack them and its not worth it

#2 If Japs dont attack then the USA gets free MPPs.

I cant balance it without dropping the Chinese armies to being really really weak, which I am considering. But I also dont want it to be a cakewalk for the Japs. Traditionally they could walk all over the Chinese but this is for game balance.

I think I might have to change Italy for China. I am still working on it though.

I have one idea and I wanted to shoot it by you all.

Make a decision event for the Japanese 1st turn of the game if they want to pursue the Chinese or maintain the lines. Perhaps even later give options for offensives. China would remain neutral but it would cost EP.

I was looking at the game and thought, which is more fun to play as a major? Italy or China. I think Italy is hands down.

Italy as a minor brings its own problems, especially in technology. Also why on earth would you buy Italian units when Germans are so much better. I would never buy Italian units with MPPs unless the Germans have all their units out.

thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

We are playing the September version of Brute force, and are in August of 1942, however, whe Japan has conquered cities with economic value and oil wells, she does not get any income from them??? Japan is fighting her war with an income of 52 points per turn!

How do we fix that>?

Japan never had enough troops in China - they only launched 1 major offensive in 1944, otherwise it was a fairly static front - albeit with many battles.

And that was with the vast majority of her troops there!

There seems to be a fundamental problem with China in SC - historically they lacked the ability to "walk all over" China - but in SC they do so with monotonous regularity!

If you can send me the save file.

winky3x17 (at) hot mail

They should definitely have way more production and I have seen it.

New version coming out very soon. Im play testing it.

And yea China is tough. It costs too much to attack it but the japs can push the line back. But at the same time it shouldnt be a cake walk.

Then there is the thing of USA getting its production and late in the war when attacking China isnt worth it they get that production for free. I can see the point of having China as a major and Italy as a minor.

This week the new version should be out.

Is it possible to have most of China have a supply level of 5, and when captured of 3, except way back up in the corner near Urumchi? Been thinking if really crappy supply and not as many MPPs available in Central China would make it harder and not as worthwhile to overrun. The downside I can maybe see is the Chinese might be easier to kill, but without playing like that I can only speculate.

I might convert it. The original global is that way and now I know why.

The new version is up without swapping Italy and China. I will work on that next. I have to change the counters, the scripts, everything.

Whats changed --- v2.18 I just uploaded it

Improved AI for all sides.

Changed USSR garrison simply 8 near warsaw within 8 hexes

Jap/USSR entry removed. Partisans added to Manchuria to have Japs keep units there

Added 3 countries Netherlands, Malaya, and Solomons

Increased Japanese production

Increased number of armies the USSR has and reduced corps for added late war firepower

Included decision for u-boat pens on France

Lowered Chinese attack for Armies and increases their partisan chance by 10%

Strengthened AI reinforcements to prevent human intervention and loopholes

Garrison for USSR and Germany simplified

USSR: 8 units within 8 hexes of Warsaw

Germany: 4 units within 6 hexes of Warsaw