Trouble loading patch

OK, decided to load the disc version of my game on my new computer. It is running windows 7. Had saved the original 1.12 patch on a file I transferred to my new computer. Tried installing the patch but the opening screen of the game shows 1.02 version. Opened the program file for the game and I see all the files, then the 1.12 patch shows as an application and the CMBO file application. Do I need to move/copy the patch into the CMBO application? I don't remember it being this hard when I originally did it. Any help would be appreciated.

Eric

When you run the patch, I suggest right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as administrator". This should provide the necessary permissions to write into the '\Program Files' directory.

The program will actually install the files directly into the installation of CMBO. If you do it this way, then it will overwrite some of the files (which may be no big deal).

There will be four files that will get copied into the 'root' of the CMBO directory structure with the patch:

'Combat Mission.exe'

'OpenPlay.dll'

'INTERNET PLAY READ ME.txt'

'v1.12 READ ME.txt'

The first two files are necessary, while the two 'readme' text files are optional if you have to copy them manually to the CMBO directory.

A new directory will be created called 'OpenPlay Modules' and you will need to copy this entire directory to the root of the CMBO installation (so there will now be a '..\CMBO\OpenPlay Modules' directory). This directory/folder has one file in it:

'TCPIP.dll'

The BMP folder will have 10 BMPs that need to be copied over, while the WAV directory will have one .WAV file that needs to be copied over. The Scenarios directory will have 5 scenarios in it that will need to be copied over.

With that done, I believe the game should work. Again, you'll probably want to right-click the launching shortcut and select "Run as administrator" when you run or modify the shortcut by right-clicking it and selecting 'Properties'. In here go to the 'Compatibility' tab and at the bottom section labeled 'Privilege Level' checkmark the box next to the text that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.