Overview/review question

Stalins Organ

There is a review on the armchair general site that is pretty fair I guess.

Its a WEGO turn based strategy game, but I would not call it a WWII game. Its a very beer and pretzels style alternate earth world domination game. If you are familiar with empire deluxe, that is a good idea of the lineage of the game. Bolt on resource management and a tech tree with unit upgrades and you are there.

It also has an excellent rules editor which is where I have spent most of my time in the game. The game really is a wargame construction kit and it can handle varying scales of maps and battles with a little tinkering. The rules editor can create anything from a simple rock paper scissors RTS type thing up to a Civ style epic struggle for world domination.

Try the demo. Its a fun little game.

And for one, it isn't really a WW2 strategy game either. It can be one, there are rule and unit sets for this, but as a whole you will spend as much time playing through pre-WW1 technology as you will through modern and even futuristic stuff. To be honest, if you can't find much info, then you're not looking hard enough probably :) There are videos on our YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/battlefrontcom) for example, and of course there's a demo out there, too. www.battlefront.com/eos is a good place to start looking for this stuff.