Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Episodic Jumbled Text and Flickering Text

Guest highlife

Guest highlife

I thought this had gone away with the 1.12 patch but it still happens at times. The text in the unit info boxes and the "Quit" and "End Scenario" dialogue boxes is missing, superimposed, and only in the unit info boxes flickers like lines of text changing places. Also when this happens some of the targeting text is blurred or superimposed. If I quit CM entirely and then start again it usually goes away. I first noticed this with one of the 1.1 beta patches and thought maybe games saved then kept the problem but I get it in new games too.

I have a PIII 850 and a Geforce 256 32mb. No other display problems.

Thanks for any help.

Miller Logan

[This message has been edited by highlife (edited 03-13-2001).]

What Windows version are you running ? If you're running Windows 2000 there are some known problems with the NVidia drivers and CM. None of the CM patches (in and of themselves) fix specific video card incompatibilities.

A possible fix has been to enable "Force anti-aliasing in all applications". You may also want to download different drivers than you are using (newer or possibly older).

Guest highlife

Thanks Schrullenhaft,

I have 98SE but I know my drivers are old, like 4.1 or something. The card is a OEM from Dell and those are the newest they have posted. Maybe I should try the newer reference drivers from NVidia.

I fixed the Interface problems and misc graphic glitch issues by downloading Deanco's Gunmetal Total Conversion mod and his Clipboard conversion mod, located at http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

Detonator 7.52 seems very good overall. Or you could just use the offical 6.50 drivers from NVIDIA. 7.52's can be found at www.gamers-ammo.com or www.3dchipset.com . Regards.