Playing demo players online

Makris1821

I want to play a friend of mine online. I have the retail version, but he has the demo version. Is it possible for us to play together? The game says he has build 248 and I have 249, and won't let me select him as a player, even though he has the most recent update.

I want to play a friend of mine online. I have the retail version, but he has the demo version. Is it possible for us to play together? The game says he has build 248 and I have 249, and won't let me select him as a player, even though he has the most recent update.

Hm. The demo players are restricted to playing on the DemoMap. I believe the way it's currently setup is that demo players can play against other demo players. (Which means you could download the demo and play against him.) I'm don't think things are setup so a player with the full version can play with someone who has the demo version, although that would be useful. If that did work, I guess I'd either have to allow the demo player to play on any map (as long as the game-host was running the full version of the game), or I'd have to restrict the game to just the DemoMap if there were any demo players.