Chainsaws USMC Mods

Looking good, maybe add some more/thicker dust, especially around the tracks and the "bow"? There's some great photoshop brushes out there that making add dirt and mud splatter easy, let me know if you want me to pass any along.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1411/1487234026_0db22d25ac_o.jpg

Maybe not that dusty, but they do seem to collect some natural camouflage

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/USMarines_AAV_Iraq_apr_2004_116_hires.jpg.

Looking good, maybe add some more/thicker dust, especially around the tracks and the "bow"? There's some great photoshop brushes out there that making add dirt and mud splatter easy, let me know if you want me to pass any along.

Actually, I'd like to see these. I have this weird obsession with collecting Photoshop paint brushes. PM me for my email addy.

The trick is targeted dust around the tracks and front end, here's a quick example of what I mean:

th_AAV.jpg

I did a little dust splatter up the front of the vehicle, made the track area caked in dust, and did some kick up around the back of the vehicle (though I would take the dust off the area where the bags are, I didn't see how it was angled when I was painting. You combine this sort of effect with the subtle dust coating like you have atm. You can also vary the loaction to do both mud and dust splatter on the vehicle (mud will obviously be a tad darker, thinker, and more lower/blob-y).

Here's some more developed examples of the effect:

th_CMShockForce2010-06-0706-25-25-64.jpg

th_CMShockForce2010-05-2807-34-06-76.jpg