Looking for a complete statistical chart of Armor and Gun Stats

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thanks! I've never seen this before! It's really helpful when you're picking units for battles (pity there's no cost column).

There's something I don't get though. Assuming the figures are correct (and I have no reason to doubt them), the Panzer Grenadier 43 (9) unit has 2 MG42s with an attack value of 42 points at 500m. Yet a single MG42 section has an attack value of a whopping 52 at 500m.

Is this to reflect the fact that there is more than one MG42 in an MG42 section?

But then they both have the same number of MG42s and yet the section is stronger. Maybe the section has 3 :) (sorry I should have said doesn't the section have more than 2 MG42s rather than 1 in my last post)

I never thought about the fire factor being related to ammo amount (the section has lots more than the squad)...wouldn't that relate to how long they can fire for?

I never thought about the fire factor being related to ammo amount (the section has lots more than the squad)...wouldn't that relate to how long they can fire for?

That too, but it also means that each gun will fire longer bursts, and longer or more frequent bursts means more firepower down the range. Remember, the MG in the squad is optimized for portability. It may be carrying its ammo in the saddle cases which have to be changed often. He probably also has only one spare barrel, carried by his assistant. All this adds up to shorter and less frequent bursts. The MG in the section has three or four guys carrying ammo in cans and two or three spare barrels. He also has a tripod and telescopic sights, which also make it more effective at long range. A lot of little factors add up.

Michael

Looking for a complete list of Armor Characteristics and Gun Penetration at 100, 500, 1000 and 2000 meter ranges as listed on the Vehicle Data Charts in Combat Mission. Is there a complete compiled list?

Try this site:

http//gva.freeweb.hu/index.html

When the page comes up click on "Weapons Data."

I've used this site for years.