New file at the Repository: (SC2G) Brute Force 1939-1945 v2.15 (2010-07-10)

Updates

Improved Allied AI reactive strategy

Adjusted Axis AI

Increase in Japan force pool

Increase slightly in USA force pool

Added several ports in Australia and Egypt-Syria

Let me know if you like the location jumping boxes or should I remove them.

Axis and Allied AI now have multiple strategies.

I suggest playing with +.5 or +1 experience for a challenging game.

Been playing a game as the Allies (last version) and I have a repeating message about US reinforces Pacific, Tension reduced between US and Japan. US for the allies has gone down from 53% to 22% and has happened for about 7 turns in a row. Started about September 1941. Any thoughts - is this correct?

The AI in the mod seems weaker than some of the other mods. Playing at .5 advantage for the AI.

Still undecided but I do like the reactive aspect of the game and commend your creativity.

Comsolut

Shoot there was something I forgot to put in the notes about the pacific. I placed in a modifier that if the allies reinforce the Pacific before the Japs come into the war it lowers the USA entry. There is simply no way for the AI to compensate if you pack in the Pacific with reinforcements. I could simply make them another nation and force the pacific colonies neutral if you feel thats a better solution.

Weak AI: One problem I found was in Russia going on the offensive. The Germans tend to run places they shouldnt. Ive been slowly adjusting it to compensate. They never seem to build enough armies for firepower. I try not to give the AI units but adjust their production. Well at least not to give them too many units. I try and give them key units like HQs for Barbarossa.

Tell me where the AI is weak? Whats it doing that is being exploited so I know.

Thanks for the quick reply.

It has been an odd game. But first things first. It took the AI too long to take both Poland and France (Maybe an extra 6 weeks in both cases - I think Poland made it to Early November). Sorry, no specifics as I am just trying out all the mods, both for variety and to see which one I enjoy the most. Therefore I was just playing and not taking notes. In China, the Japanese are making no headway and the attacks seem to lack direction. However, to the the reinforcement issue, the US is now at 0% and production has dried up and the Chinese cannot sustain any losses and units are just withering away. Also a German Sub seems to be stuck in a French Port and not attempting to interdict convoy lanes in the North Atlantic, although it is understrength. Must also be a Malta push because the AI keeps sending amphib units to Malta but the British Fleets stationed there are sending them all to the Davy Jones locker (one at a time).

Why the reinforcements to the Pacific. Well Germany after taking France settled down to prepare for Sealion (no attack on Russia) so England has more MPP's than they know what to do with so I started building up India, Australia, and New Zealand's armies. I did not move any reinforcements to the region, simply starting building up the national armies in the region. The US in fact only has one BB on the West Coast. It is late Spring 1942 and Japan never opted for Pearl Harbor. So basically it is England and China versus Germany, Italy and Japan. Germany did take Yugo and Greece, and made some noise in Africa but again the AI just sent one unit at a time to be slaughtered. Russia is up to 90% and almost completely built up and so I am waiting for their entry to tip the tide in Europe. Asia, well if the US never joins I am not sure what will happen there.

As to German production, since I am playing the Allies I can't really comment at this stage.

Since I am open minded and willing to just enjoy the game experience, it is a surprisingly fresh game with its own challenges (like no US). But the AI, compared to other Mods, seems to send units in one at a time which makes it weak.

If you need a save, I can send one. Just PM me your email.

Hope the comments assist you in continuing to refine the Mod. Again, I think the reactive strategies are a great idea, just need to work the AI up to the standards of the other Mods.

Comsolut

Yes. AI + .5 Exp. (99% certain, any way I can recheck in game?)

In regards the reinforce pacific reduces tension - This keeps repeating each turn. Maybe make it a one time hit of 25 or 50%. US EUR all the way to 1% Allies and since China gets supply from the US pool, China has no supply to even make up losses now, where as some other mods treat china as a separate entity.

Also Germany declared war on Russia July 1 1942 and the German and Russian units affected by Russian Winter popped up. No units were actually damaged, but it seemed odd for the message to pop up given it was late June early July.

Again, not being critical and I wish I had better case by case evidence of the AI defects, maybe as time goes by. Just my observations comparing this mod AI to the other mods AI - has a weaker feel. Wish I could be more specific.

No problem I want feedback. Some of the issues with AI attacks I just cant fix because they are the mechanics of the game. I set 3-4 units on an offensive and they run off in 3 different directions.

If you want to send me saved file send it to winky3x17 (at) hotmail

Im going to redo the notes for the game so they are clearer.

There is a russian winter each each. There is a 20% chance for severe winter. If the soviets attack finland there is 100% chance the 1941 winter will be 100% bad.

The sub stuck, Ive seen that, its a game mechanic as they move subs out automatically.

The USA entry hit is due to reinforcing the Pacific. If the Human plays sets up in all key areas occupying everything with cheap infantry the Japs wont be able to take anything. I have never seen the AI attack off of a boat. So I made it a penalty to reinforce the Pacific. But I am considering simply making them their own neutal so they cant be reinforced and make it a decision event that costs USA entry.

I try and play the AI smart. There is a Pearl Harbor effect. But the Japs wait till the last second to DOW on the USA. Really the right thing for any Jap player to do is invade NEI, take the oil, and wait till the USA comes into the war. Never a reason to DOW on it.

As for China, I do have a kill china option for the Japanese AI. I did try and put focus to their attacks but it wasnt working well. So I let the AI do the attacking.

I noted the winter effect error and the Malta invasion which should only happen once and in at a certain time. I might just take it out. And I will see about the pacific events.

I don't mind the hit to the USA, but just one time (even if a 50% hit). I don't like the Neutral idea. Whatever I did causes the script to activate each turn and keeps the US EUR at 1%. On the other hand the Neutral idea has the in game (instead of in the notes) benefit of alerting the player before he takes the step that will impact USA leaning - hmmm.

I incorporated it.

I made these two countries and left the remaining islands on the south east UK.

Malaya: Singapore (capital) + Borneo + Malaya as one country.

Solomons: Rabaul (capital) + East Papua + Solomons

I also added 1 extra oil to Borneo.

I made 2 decision events. one for UK to reinforce both countries at a 6% hit to USA entry and another for USA to reinforce Philippines at a 6% hit.

Singapor and Rabaul get a 5 str inf corp with research

Phil gets 2x 5 str corp without for phil.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay folks. I am trying some new simulations for the AI and simplifing some of the elements for the game... All this and in the middle of a move in the next 2 weeks to San Francisco. So far...

Changed USSR garrison simply to 8 near warsaw within 8 hexes

Changed Germany garrison simply to 4 near Warsaw within 6 hexes

Jap/USSR entry removed due to removal of units. Partisans added to Manchuria to have Japs keep units there. Easier method

Added 3 countries, burma, malaya, and solomons

Increased Japanese production due to the above.

Added 1 oil each to NEI and Borneo

Increased Jap presence and exp in China. The Chinese theatre was a drain on their resources not a benefit.

Added more AI features and decisions for itself. Working out the kinks.

Trying to make the game easier for the AI to play while making it easier for humans to play with fewer specific rules.