Dutch CV9035 to big?

Hmmm, the screenshot makes the CV seem like the sandcrawler from Star Wars. Look at the soldier next to the CV in the screenie; now, look at the size of the road wheels in relation to his calf. Do the same with the photo standing next to the transporter: there is a difference.

My limited internet research tells me that the height of the CV family of vehicles is 2.7 meters. (Crossposted with akd: my 2.7m vice his 2.8m is negligable. I defer to his sources.) I do not know if that is just the chassis height, or the top of the turret. Regardless, that is 8'11". The screenshot shows the CV dwarfing the soldier. Literally. He must be a dwarf. Hence, he got dwarfed.

The photo shows the tracks as being as tall as a strike zone - mounted on the transporter, the top of the track is even with the man's shoulders, the bottom of the tracks intersect his upper thigh. (In the real sense of that phrase, not the Al Gore sense!) The screenie shows the track starting at the ground (appropriately), and seemingly as high as the soldier's shoulder. That's out of scale.

The screenie makes the CV9035 appear taller than an Abrams. Heck, it may be taller than the WWII Grant!

This may all be due to the perspective...

Thanks,

Ken

A yet-unasked question regarding the much-scrutinized screenshot of the CV: Was the screenshot taken in "1.0x" or "wide" view (hotkey C)? If the screenshot was taken in wide-angle view, that may account for some of the oddness of its appearance.

..this actually makes you wonder doesn't it? It might have to do with perspective, but doesn't the guy in the hatch seem rather small?

cv9035_comparison.jpg

/sdp

Not only perspective, but the photo is of a Swiss CV9030 I think (based on those gigantic mountains) and their turrets are quite different, possibly making one look bigger than the other. Another factor to consider is that the photograph's crewmen are standing straight and high during a parade, whereas the game crew model has a less vulnerable stance. Nevertheless, I do agree that at a glance it seems overscaled at the moment.

Hi Sergei,

Hadn't seen around you for a while and had started to wonder if the immigration authorities had caught up with you.

:D

Michael

And I'm surprised they still haven't locked you away, to some Paleolithical Museum's galleries somewhere. :D

Anyway, this still keeps confusing me. Looking at this Danish CV9035 (with the guy sneaking on its deck dragged to ground level), it doesn't seem so small. The guy is crouched but so are the CMSF soldiers. If there's a problem, it might be a lot subtler than it first seems. Or it might all be a visual fluke. All photos of the CV9040 make it seem like a smallish vehicle, while photos of CV9035 variants make them appear bigger.

23w2s1l.jpg

Maybe part of the problem is that the guy in the screenshot look even smaller because he appears to be too far down the hatch.

The commanders in the photos appear to have their hips about level with the hatch, whereas the BFT guy seems to have sunk down to about midrift level.