Dutch CV9035 to big?

from the new excellent screenshots I reacted on one thing:

screenshot029.jpg

either the CV9035 is modelled to big, or the dutch people are midgets, or the screenshot just ****s it up?

I spent 10 months in a CV9040 Mech Coy and that rear door I had to hunk down to get thrue, not be able to stand straight up while walking into the fighting compartment. look at this CV9040C picture for example,

cv90.jpg

So something seems wrong, but what is it?

/Thomas

after seing that video im sure that the scaling is right. the CV9035NL IS bigger then the normal CV90 family! a mayor difference as well is that it has a ramp dropping down like the bradley instead of a door like the CV9040 has. Wonder why they wanted an enlarged bodie, that fighting compartment isnt that small really, we had guys that was 1.80-1.90 that didnt have problem fitting in.

after seing that video im sure that the scaling is right. the CV9035NL IS bigger then the normal CV90 family! a mayor difference as well is that it has a ramp dropping down like the bradley instead of a door like the CV9040 has. Wonder why they wanted an enlarged bodie, that fighting compartment isnt that small really, we had guys that was 1.80-1.90 that didnt have problem fitting in.

They are planning for distant future (20 years timeline) when western soldier is

A. Much taller and probably has much bigger helmet with all the gadgets. With all those antennas popping out

B. Much fatter... Which would explain the ramp. I'm sure they have prepared to put escalator and slide on it.

the picture is from Afghanistan. Sweden together with Finland is responsible over a northern area of afghanistan called Mazar e sharif and in that force there is 4 CV9040Cs for QRF force or "heavier work" so to say.

here is another one of them

http://andersonchris.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/cv90_bq.jpg

http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/ImageVault/Images/id_13413/ImageVaultHandler.aspx?~13413~Tyska%20och%20svenska%20ISAF-enheter%20under%20operationen%20i%20Baghlan.

yes its the Saab Baracuda system. we have it in woodland scheme to. its design to lower your thermal image against enemys with TIS, but also reduces the heat in the vehicle by keeping the suns heat out. the danish Leo2A5DK in afghanistan use baracuda as well for that reason.

What's the latest from the CV90 grogs? Is the Dutch version (9035NL) based on a totally different, larger and heavier, chassis? Prima facia, that's ludicrous, but I have no evidence on the matter.

What are the dimensions of the non-NL CV90's? What are the dimensions of the steroidal NL version? What are the weights? Have the Dutch souped up the engine, or does the same engine output try to move the bigger Dutch beast?

Thanks,

Ken

The netting also helps scatter laser designators/range finders. Remember that for lasers to work they need to reflect back to the sender. The more irregular and oddly angled the surface being reflected off of, the more difficult it makes to get a good return reading. I have no idea how practical a defense this is against current laser sensor technologies, but theoretically I think it should help some.

Steve