new guy

Redjac

sort of. I just got the basic vanilla game. Seems sparse for units on the build your own scenario side. But my doing for being cheap.

Finished the German campaign. It was pretty good over all. Seems one guy crawling is the perfect and only recon that works in winning the battle.

By design of the defensive enemy positions in the campaign, my infantry were completely annihilated to the man every battle. And lended little to the battle except for caserne pass where my infantry rushed 2 of 3 cannons. Even they were cannon fodder. The enemy infantry in the trenches easily wiped all my infantry in every battle as soon as they moved beyond their smoke screens. And lets face it when fighting entrenched infantry you need more than a 1 to 1 ratio unless you have flank positions and support. In Caserne flanking attacks were prevented by mines. In turn the enemy infantry were inconsequential to my tanks. And I basically mopped them up or ignorred them. So this was really a battle where only AT guns and tanks mattered. Holding air support to the final battle also made a difference. Between winning and losing. Not saying it was not true to history, but as a game this was the design.