Version 1.01.10162

Brit

Notable Changes/Fixes:

- Made changes to the PBEM system so it is more robust - including being able to tell users to update their application, recover if the game crashes, and not get messed up if a players internet connection drops or the webserver is offline.

- Note: Players in a PBEM game should all update their version before continuing their game

- Changed the way the random map generator creates mountains - they're more grouped together than they were in older versions

- The scenario editor now lets users change the flags of units but keep the same owner (this would allow one player to control units under several different flags - e.g. British and American flags) (See image below*)

- Added a distance tool to check the distance between places on the map

- Fixed bug: couldn't delete units from the unitset 'free units / landlocked city' list

- Fixed bug: the cost of upgrading units was displayed incorrectly if the unit was inside a unit-group

- Fixed bug: the game would tell players that new research orders were needed even after all technologies had been researched

- Fixed bug: when loading games that have ended, players couldn't switch to 'gods eye view'

- Fixed bug: game crashes if the militia unit is not setup correctly in the rules editor

- Fixed bug: attack satellites would sometimes automatically launch into space if enemies were nearby

- Fixed bug in the airfield radar - radar detection was not setup correctly

- Fixed bug in the combat simulator - it gives bizarre results if a unit has more than 100 HP

- In combat, it's no longer possible for both units to simultaneously kill each other

*Image: This will allow player 1 (on the right) to control units under the British, American, New Zealand, Australian flags and player 2 (on the left) to control German and Italian units.

36004_403195982658_6745172658_4570922_4136540_n.jpg

Nice update. I have a question and a very minor suggestion.

I'm in the middle of a game. If I change the ruleset for that game, will it reflect right away or is the save locked to the original ruleset?

Here's the very minor suggestion. When setting up the players for a game it would be nice if, for example I choose four total, it shows all the players and they each have the option of not playing. I just get a little tired of playing against the French, Germans and Soviets in every game and wouldn't mind some variety. Also, some people who buy the game and are from other countries might like to play their own but that might not be possible.

Thanks for the update Brit, I'm particularly looking forward to seeing how the "both units don't die" works.

I've made a report of some instability/crashes using the combat simulator, maybe it got broken in some of the changes you made.

Got a needs to close message after my PBEM partner and I tried to continue a game with the new version. We're both updated. Is there a place I can send the file to? I'd hate to have to start over after so many turns.

Nice update. I have a question and a very minor suggestion.

I'm in the middle of a game. If I change the ruleset for that game, will it reflect right away or is the save locked to the original ruleset?

Here's the very minor suggestion. When setting up the players for a game it would be nice if, for example I choose four total, it shows all the players and they each have the option of not playing. I just get a little tired of playing against the French, Germans and Soviets in every game and wouldn't mind some variety. Also, some people who buy the game and are from other countries might like to play their own but that might not be possible.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but did you know you can click on the flag in the player selection section and change to any one of dozens of flags? Afghanistan, EU, Pirate etc. etc.

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but did you know you can click on the flag in the player selection section and change to any one of dozens of flags? Afghanistan, EU, Pirate etc. etc.

Didn't know that. lol. Thanks for the tip, I'll do that next time.

Got a needs to close message after my PBEM partner and I tried to continue a game with the new version. We're both updated. Is there a place I can send the file to? I'd hate to have to start over after so many turns.

Oh no. Yes, please send me the .game file as well as the files inside the /PBEM directory. I'll put an email address in your private messages.

Glad to help. I might be tempted to blame this on the fact that many of the buttons or drop-downs in the menu don't give any hint that they are buttons.

True. Generally speaking, the buttons should change color slightly when you hover the mouse over them. (Perhaps the color-change it too subtle.) But, it's a bigger problem for the flags since they don't give any kind of highlight effect when you hover a mouse over them.