Is CMBO worth it? / Must have mods/scenarios.

The title is self-explanatory actually. Bought anthology a week ago, been playing it for a couple of days. And right now is trying to decide, is CMBO worth playing, or i can safely skip to CMBB/CMAK. I mean, i liked it, but if the next ones are better,then why bother?

Anyway, is there any must have mods? (IF i actually decide to play it even more ) That is not included in SE of course. I've checked out the GreenAsJade's warehouse, but mod repository there seems somewhat incomplete. Also it's not too easy to download mods one at a time. Any mod collections i should know about? That applies to the scenarios too. I've got Denhost's pack, but is is just too huge to try everything by myself. (Big gratitude to Denhost though - awesome work man )

I hope this topic can be a guideline to anyone, who has the same questions. And i'm pretty sure that someone has. However i'm not sure, if anyone will read it in this section of the forums, Also i'm not sure, if anyone plays CMBO anymore.. but heck, worth asking. Thx in advance.

Yes, I would skip CMBO and go straight to AK & BB ( just use CMBO as a reference comparison between it and AK ).

You can use ( like many other Combat Mission gamers have ) AK to simulate both the Mediterranean & NW Europe battles.

Just dowload many of the AK scenarios at the 'Proving Grounds' & 'Scenario Depot' as it will contain many Med & NW Europe scenarios.

You can still improve the graphics of BO to look close to that of BB & AK, but the game mechanics are still improved over BO.

Once I went BB & AK, I never looked back ( Ok, maybe I did couple times against an opponent for chits & grins ).

Joe

I would agree that CMAK modified for ETO is better. It can also be used for the campaigns of 1939/40.

However, there are some things missing from CMAK, specifically King Tigers and Pershings (Comets too?). King Tigers were becoming more common on the Western Front, replacing Tiger 1s. To model ETO battles you really need King Tigers.

Also, I enjoy playing hypothetical assaults on Berchtesgarten and the Alpine redoubt. For these you need King Tigers and Pershings.