"Buddy Aid" how does it work?

hey guys, new to the stuff, being playing the demo and let me say its a really good game. but one thing that has me thinking is how does the buddy aid work? i do see some of my soldier attend woulded but only when stationary in the same place.

can i order buddy aid? does it actually help? anything else i should know about it? thanks!

Buddy aid indeed occurs automatically when a unit becomes stationary near a casualty. While there is no specidic order for them to render aid, ordering them towards the required location is really all it takes. Give them a minute though, they aren´t always rushing to them 1st thing.

Does it help? Yes, and in real way. Aside from medical assistance improving your KIA to WIA ratio, they also salvage gear and ammo. That MG or RPG the casualty had on him is right there for the taking!

So it´s well worth taking the time to do it. Besides, it´s your fault your pixeltrooper got hit, so you gotta take care of him! ;)

Keep in mind you cannot actually order them to do buddy aid. If you move them on top of of a casualty, they will do buddy aid at their discretion and will not do it under heavy fire or sometimes if they see an enemy and start firing (I've occasionally seen them do aid while other team members were firing).

Also, difficulty level will drastically affect how long it takes to give aid. But as a general rule it takes much longer to give aid to a WIA vs a KIA.

Also note that with one of the newer patches, they made it so that if a soldier gives buddy aid to a soldier from another squad, he will not retrieve any heavy weapons (like an RPG). So you can't make rambo squads with 2 RPG-7s and a DshkM.

Buddy aid indeed occurs automatically when a unit becomes stationary near a casualty. While there is no specidic order for them to render aid, ordering them towards the required location is really all it takes. Give them a minute though, they aren´t always rushing to them 1st thing.

Does it help? Yes, and in real way. Aside from medical assistance improving your KIA to WIA ratio, they also salvage gear and ammo. That MG or RPG the casualty had on him is right there for the taking!

So it´s well worth taking the time to do it. Besides, it´s your fault your pixeltrooper got hit, so you gotta take care of him! ;)

jeje thanks ever so much, indeed i do feel responsible :D

I have Uncon spies appear on the map as reinforcements in positions where I have stationed RPG and MG teams. Assuming the latter died in place (i.e. didn't move elsewhere), the spy will render aid, become a fighting unit and the silenced position will come to life again. This is a really neat feature.

Changing lanes here.

1. Yellow based soldiers do not count as 'wounded'.

2. Red based soldiers may or may not be counted as 'KIA'. This depends on 'buddy aid' given.

3. Brown based soldiers are 'KIA' and are counted as 'KIA' no matter if 'buddy aid is given or not.

I know #1 is a fact but does anyone have knowledge of #2 or #3. Thanks.