Setup will not start

Todo_poder

Hello.

I installed the Theatre of War and I updated to the latest version.

But let me start the setup.

I have windows 7 and have tried booting with different compatibilities. But nothing.

Someone I could lend a hand?

I also want to change the screen resolution.

Thank you.

I'm not sure of the exact issue that you're experiencing. You may want to do the following (if you're doing this already). When you launch the game you may want to right-click on the launching shortcut and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. Even if your account that you log into is a 'Computer Administrator', this will be necessary.

To avoid having to right-click on the shortcut each time you launch it, right-click on the launching shortcuts (you'll need to do this to each one you use if there is more than one) and select "Properties" from the popup menu. In here go to the 'Compatibility' tab and to the bottom section labeled 'Privilege Level'. Checkmark the box next to the text that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.

I believe this should help with issues involving game saves and keeping settings that you select (if that is the issue that you're experiencing).

My problem is as follows.

Option I can not start the configuration of the game (setup.exe).

For this reason, I can not change the display settings, sound or the famous Smart Pause. The latter I solved by editing gama.ini.

Remember that I have Windows 7.

The only resolution I know to that problem is the afore-mentioned 'Run as administrator' or adding the 'options.exe' file to the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings. However if the main program runs without a DEP exception, I'm not sure why the configuration program would need one. I've heard of other users having problems running the 'configuration program', but I've been unable to figure out why that is the case.