"Could not connect to server"

raauthaa

I have not been able to grab the latest update or log in with my username... I have reinstalled with the same message when I try to update "could not connect to server".

Im pretty sure I did not have a port forward on for EoS before.... is there a problem?

Thanks!

I have not been able to grab the latest update or log in with my username... I have reinstalled with the same message when I try to update "could not connect to server".

Im pretty sure I did not have a port forward on for EoS before.... is there a problem?

Thanks!

Sounds like the server was down* when you tried to connect to it. The updates and log-ins don't require any port forwarding. There's not much that can go wrong with them other than trying to connect when the server isn't responding.

* or maybe it just took too long to respond, which would look similar to the server being down.

Sounds like the server was down* when you tried to connect to it. The updates and log-ins don't require any port forwarding. There's not much that can go wrong with them other than trying to connect when the server isn't responding.

* or maybe it just took too long to respond, which would look similar to the server being down.

Its really odd. Nothing has changed my end and im still getting the problem.

Ive been fine previously.

hmmmm

Its really odd. Nothing has changed my end and im still getting the problem.

Ive been fine previously.

hmmmm

Very strange. I was really expecting you to write back and say that it was working for you now; that it was just a temporary problem. The files are on the game's website. Can you access www.empiresofsteel.com? And one other question: are you running the full version of the game or the demo? Do you have an old version of the demo? I was just thinking recently that there -might- be a bug with the old version of the demo getting updates. You can either grab the latest demo, or I can make some changes on the server-side to avoid this problem. Let me know if you're running a demo version that you downloaded a long time ago.

Very strange. I was really expecting you to write back and say that it was working for you now; that it was just a temporary problem. The files are on the game's website. Can you access www.empiresofsteel.com? And one other question: are you running the full version of the game or the demo? Do you have an old version of the demo? I was just thinking recently that there -might- be a bug with the old version of the demo getting updates. You can either grab the latest demo, or I can make some changes on the server-side to avoid this problem. Let me know if you're running a demo version that you downloaded a long time ago.

Well when it started I uninstalled and redownloaded the full client from battlefront. Reinstalled and same problem.

After reading your post I uninstalled again and installed the latest demo - just in case.

Same problem - could not connect to server (when hitting update).

Im starting to think maybe there is spyware in my network flooding... nothing else seems ot be affected. Really strange. No firewall on. : (

Well when it started I uninstalled and redownloaded the full client from battlefront. Reinstalled and same problem.

After reading your post I uninstalled again and installed the latest demo - just in case.

Im starting to think maybe there is spyware in my network flooding... nothing else seems ot be affected. Really strange. No firewall on. : (

Have you tried putting your machine in the DMZ of your router?

Okay, I tried updating the game on my computer (full version 1.01.8164, and demo version 1.01.8163), and it worked fine. Are you doing an update from 1.01.8164 or an earlier version? If it's an earlier version, then I'll try to go back that that version and do an update.

Okay, I tried updating the game on my computer (full version 1.01.8164, and demo version 1.01.8163), and it worked fine. Are you doing an update from 1.01.8164 or an earlier version? If it's an earlier version, then I'll try to go back that that version and do an update.

Thanks! Well I just downloaded the EOSinstaller again to another location, just in case. reinstalled same deal.

Version im gettng is the virgin 1.01

I could see that two people were in chat, just could not update or go to the "downloads" section or log in my account.

Thanks! Well I just downloaded the EOSinstaller again to another location, just in case. reinstalled same deal.

Version im gettng is the virgin 1.01

I could see that two people were in chat, just could not update or go to the "downloads" section or log in my account.

Ok. I'm sending a message to your private messages folder.