Proflowers is really bad people

So, last year I ordered flowers for my soon to be wife’s birthday. Women love flowers and my wife is no exception. Personally I think ammo, video games or scotch is more appropriate but to each their own. Anyhoo, towards the end of the transaction I get this message for some ‘Easy Saver’ plan. Sounds interesting so I click ‘okay’ for more info. The pop up prompts for credit card info so I close it down thinking that is that. Problem solved, right?

Flash forward to yesterday, the now Mrs. Wino calls me asks about this Easy Saver scam (bless her heart she researched it online) after finding a recurring occurring $14.95 charge on her account (she had bought me flowers once or twice as well*). Of course I am all, ‘What? Proflowers would never do that. What are you talking about? Hold on, let me look up my bank statement. Hhhhhhhmmmm, everything looks fi…what the hell? $14.95 for what? SONS OF BITCHES!!!’.

Moral of the story: 1) Proflowers can suck my balls, 2) I need to check my statements more closely, 3) my wife is done getting flowers, and 4) I really need CM:Normady to come out**.

So check your statements if you have ever done business with this rip-off outfit. I know I will never do business with them again...EVER!

*I know, I know. But there is no talking sense to the woman. And she refuses to buy gun parts or ammo.

**Okay, #4 was a last minute add but you can see how it fits into the whole story, yes?

**Okay, #4 was a last minute add but you can see how it fits into the whole story, yes?

Just as natural as a wounded man requesting morphine.

Michael

PS: I don't believe in buying cut flowers, period. If you cut a flower, it begins to wilt immediately. Even if put in water, it will wilt soon. When I want to give someone flowers, I give them potted flowers that will bloom over and over again.

Emrys, really? Seriously? Are you fecking kidding me, man? It's me wifey. Rational thought means little. I scrubbed around in the dirt and semi-dark to, in secret, hurriedly plant 40...yes, 4-D, daffodill bulbs to pop up for my wife sometime in spring. I got 'Ah, that's nice sweety'. But when I buy her dead flowers and send them to work she is all gushy. I think its a PDA thing but not possessing ovaries, it boggles the mind.

Just as natural as a wounded man requesting morphine.

Michael

PS: I don't believe in buying cut flowers, period. If you cut a flower, it begins to wilt immediately. Even if put in water, it will wilt soon. When I want to give someone flowers, I give them potted flowers that will bloom over and over again.

Cut flowers = she puts them in a vase and you get lucky.

Potted flowers = you dig the hole in the yard to plant them. You weed and water them. If the flower dies you catch hell.

Buy the cut flowers. Better yet buy a single red rose every month or so. $3 to $5 = cheep. 1 flower says the same thing as dozen or but for a lot less$$$. She thinks you really care (and you do) even if its not a special day. She'll ask what it for - Just feeling lucky.;)

- - - - -

Back to the real subject.

I received a $1 rebate check back when they were popular. Suddenly these $5 charges started to appear on my credit card bill. Apparently cashing the check indicated I wanted to join a $5 ripoff club. . I quit the ripoff club and was $9 in the hole. I got another check the following month. This time I read the fine print - to the shredder it went.

Personal Digital Assistant???

:confused:

Michael

Emrys, you feckless nong, have you ever seen, much less touched, a woman's breast? Public Display of Affection. Now go rent 'He's just not that into you', 'Gone with the wind', 'Doctor Zhivago', and 'Sex in the City' immediately to see what makes those things tick....or just read Lt Belenko's post. That man knows a thing about a thing or two.

....or just read Lt Belenko's post. That man knows a thing about a thing or two.

Yeah I know plenty. Just listen to me. BTW-My divorce will be final some time next week.

You have included 1000 images in your message. You are limited to using 5 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.

Is a thousand happy faces too many?

I grow flowers - cut flowers is MURDER.

Really - would you hand your GF the cut off head of a kitten to put on display?

So, we take these pretty and healthy bits of nature, cut their heads off, and display the corpses to 'brighten' up the room and signify 'attraction'.

Crap.

I grow flowers - cut flowers is MURDER.

Really - would you hand your GF the cut off head of a kitten to put on display?

So, we take these pretty and healthy bits of nature, cut their heads off, and display the corpses to 'brighten' up the room and signify 'attraction'.

Crap.

I agree. Although the thing about the kitten would depend on the GF and what she was into.

Michael