Multiplayer?

von Aasen

Sorry for the interrupt people.

I played a little EOS when the demo first came out. But lack of PBEM was a real limitation for me.

So now I see you talking/playing PBEM and my interest returns. I just went to the FAQ and it still said no PBEM.

So what is it PBEM or NO PBEM? Is it a true PBEM or a hybridized PBEM/TCP interface? Can ya'll post a breif on the GUI mechanics for PBEM?

Thanks.

I played a little EOS when the demo first came out. But lack of PBEM was a real limitation for me.

So now I see you talking/playing PBEM and my interest returns. I just went to the FAQ and it still said no PBEM.

So what is it PBEM or NO PBEM? Is it a true PBEM or a hybridized PBEM/TCP interface? Can ya'll post a breif on the GUI mechanics for PBEM?

Thanks.

Hey. The PBEM system is in "beta" because there's still a few issues to work out, but for the most part, it works. The PBEM system is not actually play-by-email. What happens is that, when you're playing a PBEM game, you must be connected to the internet. When something happens in the game (you send a message, declare war, submit your turn, etc), then the game uploads the event to our webserver. When other players open their game, the game automatically downloads these events to their system. So, there's no actual email involved. Also, there's an application called "EOSMessenger" that comes with the game. This application monitors your game for new events. For example, if another player sends you a message, it will show up in the EOSMessenger application, and you'll know to open your game and respond.

The Demo version let's you play a PBEM game, but only on the Demo map, and only up to turn 25. If you want to give it a try, just setup a game with one other PBEM player, and then set yourself up to play both players. (After you create a PBEM game, then copy the Player 2 code and join your own game with the code.) You can jump back and forth between Player 1 and Player 2.

Thanks.

I was pretty much the same, i generally like to play pbem my strategy games.

If your still interested i could put you on the list for the next game, a 3-way maybe? or i could take you on another 1vs1 :D

Currently me and boris are duking it out, though neither of us have fired a shot quite yet :D

I was pretty much the same, i generally like to play pbem my strategy games.

If your still interested i could put you on the list for the next game, a 3-way maybe? or i could take you on another 1vs1 :D

Currently me and boris are duking it out, though neither of us have fired a shot quite yet :D

My old Panzer Blitz buddy, from the late 70's, and I were getting together for a day CM1 in a few weeks. I have 2 computer machines side by side and will give it a shot then. Will let you know. I'll try it using the rollers on my chair before that to see how it works.