1938 Calm before the storm

Hello again, i have just started a new work and the next 2 weeks will be very busy and there will not be any updátes during that time, you should check the scripts for Uranverein, but they are scripted to be activated if Germany are in a bad situation.

The other stuff i will check

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC-WWII Global

1938 Calm before the storm v1.6

-------------------------------

Now i have uploaded v1.6

Changes for V1.6

Added one cruiser and one destroyer for Spain on the map

Added Amman for Palestine partisans

Changed name of SS Liebstandarte to SS Leibstandarte

Moved text for Boden fortress

Added oil wells in Maikop and Baku

Added road and rail

Added decision events for Germany to build u boat bases in France & Norway and matching territory scripts

Added some text in decision scripts

Fixed layout in territory scripts

Fixed decision link in territory script

Changed trigger for decision script to form Reichskommisariat Ukraine

Changed conditions for decision script for Operation Tannenbaum for it to fire when France is 100% activated, also changed related war entry script

When you get a chance you might want to look at some of the scripts in the Mobilization 2. It looks like the cut and paste error monster was there. Most of these probably don't noticably affect games but I noticed some strange behavior for US mobilization. There were no Axis naval units in the exclusion zone but it kept firing just the same. This was also true of the one where congress requests US Naval units to return to the exclusion zone where they already were. It turns out the US one was firing on Axis units and the Axis one was firing on any Axis unit and not just naval units. Looks like some of the other scripts have the same sorts of cut and paste problems.

Thanks for all your hard work. Your mods for PDE and SCGC have given me many hours of pleasure!

Since Britsh Africa's units are mostly scripted I would suggest lowering their build limit greatly. This would of course only effect their rebuilding and not the scripted units. There are about 12 units in the British production que in my game that have been waiting a year to be placed because their is no room.

Thanks wlape3 for your observations, i will fix the problem with US units outside the zone, but it´s not possible to set it for only naval units

I just changed the script to German rather than Axis units because it's most likely any provocation would be from German U-Boats off the US coast. Surface ships cost way too much in this mod to use them in this way.

Getting ready to start version 1.6.

It's a picky thing but the labels for Latvia and Lithuania are still switched. Easily fixed though and not a play issue at all. Let me know if you would like me to relay anything else I find out about the scripts. Last thing I want to do is to nit-pick. I know how much work goes into these mods and there's not much return in running down minor issues.

Thanks again and your work is muchly apprecioated. :D

Hello wlape3, i am always happy for all thing that you find, but what is the labels

? The actication bmp.s looks ok to me.

The text label for Lithuania and Latvia on the map appear to be switched. Lithuania is below Latvia. Also, Vilnius is actually part of Poland (Wilno or Wilnow) when the scenario starts. This is not worth fixing though since Vilnius is incorporated into Lithuania after the Soviet take over anyway. I think Kaunas was the capital in 1939.

See, I am a nit-picker!:rolleyes:

There seems to be a problem with the Fall of France, or the Plunder Paris script, as I had to replay the turn after the game crashed. I don't know which script caused it because it crashed, but the game played through on the second try, and I have not had any issues since. It may have been the plunder Paris script.

Have played through two partial games. 1st game to get a feel for the flow and the second to try a no Poland option and go for Sealion.

In the first game opted for all the Ethiopia decisions as Italy but still failed to conquer the country. In the second opted not to take the Ethiopia decisions and just bunkered up.

In the second game went thru Belgium only and conquered France in late 1939 and invaded England in summer 40. Just took Manchester but both USSR and US have declared war on Germany. Turkey did join the axis as I spent a lot on diplomacy there.

Very interesting choices and options in this mod. Is the mod designed to force players to choose very carefully where to spend MPPs? I find myself low on units and many units at partial strength. Or am I doing something wrong. I like the feel of too few MPPs, just want to make sure that is the intent of the mod and not my poor play.

Also having the problem with the script to garrison Warsaw, etc when I never attacked Poland. That script might need to just go away and not worry about the need to tie up German divisions since the Germans don't seem overbuilt. Just my opinion. Or find a way to make it contingent on Poland being attacked and conquered.

Anyway, outstanding work and thanks for sharing it with us.

Hello comsolut, nice to hear that you like the mod, sometimes Ethiopia can be difficult to defeat. And yes i want the MPPs to be low, if you want ot buy all german units then you shall not be able to upgrade them much, and maybe only have a few motorized ones and also choose if you want to spend MPPs on the naval war or not.

I will fix the pop-up to garrison Warzaw, actually it´s only the message the USSR does not mobilize

SC-WWII Global

1938 Calm before the storm v1.7

Changes for V1.7

Changed display order of decision script for Operation Fruchlingserwachen

Fixed US mobilization-2 script for US having units outside the Pan American Security Zone

Fixed text in name of one decision script

Lowered build limits for British Africa

Fixed bitmaps for French tanks

Changed ownership of some tiles in Turkey to France

Fixed text of Latvia and Lithuania

Added condition that Poland shall be surrendered for pop-up for German to garrison poland

Fixed text in one pop-up bmp

; German Garrison Report 1941

{

#NAME= ALLIED AI: German/Soviet Front Garrison Report 1941 (100%)

#POPUP= Report

#IMAGE= german_report_1940_1.bmp

#SOUND= report.wav

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 4

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#LEVEL= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 5

#TRIGGER= 100

#DISPLAY_ORDER= 1

#DATE= 1941/01/01

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 4 [2] [10] [0]

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 5 [1] [100] [0]

; Axis abandon Warsaw OR

#CONDITION_POSITION= 119,29 [1,1] [0,0] [1] [0]

; Axis abandon Krakow OR

#CONDITION_POSITION= 116,34 [1,1] [0,0] [1] [0]

; Axis abandon Konigsberg

#CONDITION_POSITION= 117,23 [1,1] [0,0] [1] [0]

}

and

; German Garrison Report 1941

{

#NAME= ALLIED AI: German/Soviet Front Garrison Report 1941 (100%)

#POPUP= Report

#IMAGE= axis_report_1941_1.bmp

#SOUND= report.wav

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 4

#GV= 1[1,100]

#LINK= 0[0]

#LEVEL= 0

#COUNTRY_ID= 5

#TRIGGER= 100

#DISPLAY_ORDER= 1

#DATE= 1940/12/22

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 33 [2] [100] [1]

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 4 [2] [10] [0]

#VARIABLE_CONDITION= 5 [1] [100] [0]

; Germany has no units in or adjacent to this border position OR

#CONDITION_POSITION= 121,24 [1,1] [0,0] [1] [0]

#CONDITION_POSITION= 121,29 [1,1] [0,0] [1] [0]

#CONDITION_POSITION= 121,31 [1,1] [0,0] [1] [0]

; Germany has no units in or adjacent to this border position

#CONDITION_POSITION= 121,33 [1,1] [0,0] [1] [0]

}

SC-WWII Global

1938 Calm before the storm v1.8

Changes for V1.8

Changed text in one pop-up script

Added garrison symbols on the map

Added some pictures

Replaced 1 picture

Added 2 decision scripts Z-Plan

Added (and removed 1) units scripts for Z-Plan

Added decision script Vergeltugswaffen and matching units scripts for Vergeltugswaffen

Changed cost of German secret weapons

Added decision script for Graf Zeppelin (German carrier) and matching unit script

Upgraded 2 german minor cities to cities

Added german town Karlsruhe

Added 1 german u boat unit script

Changed some german decision scripts

Fixed faulty links in several decision scripts

• 2 weeks later...

Started playing the new 1.8 version of the mod and I've noticed a few things.

In my game Sweden joined the Axis but the Stockholm port hex remained neutal. Is this by design or a map issue? Never noticed it before. This made it impossible to reinforce the capital region when Norway went rogue and joined the Allies. The AI seems to have an inordinate amount of luck with respect to pro-Allied coups as Norway, Iraq, and Yugoslavia had pro-Allied revolutions. Fortunately, Yugoslavia was comfortably pro-Axis before the coup and did not declare war...yet.

I'm using a minimalist strategy where I am not declaring war on any neutals unless I can avoid it. Hasn't helped though as France, Britain, the USSR, and the USA declared war anyway. Even the dastardly use of poison gas against Axis troops in Britain did not seem to generate any pro-Axis sympathies.

With the version 1.02 patch it seems as though the subs are having a harder time causing any damage. Axis subs are at TL5 while Allied TLs are around 1 or less for everything. When Axis destroyers attacked Soviet and British subs with TL0 they died very hard against TL1 for Naval and Antisub.

A Picky map issue.:eek: Alexandria and Cairo have their names reversed on the map. Also Alexandria (called Cairo) on the map is too far south and Cairo (called Alexandria) may be too far east.

Overall, still 5 stars in my book!:cool:

Yugoslavia found it's soul last night and joined the Axis cause. Maybe my "nice guy" strategy is paying off. The AI Allies have been pretty brutal.

One thing though, none of the Axis Minors appear to be upgradeable. Also, the Soviets were able to cross Allied territory to attack Axis units. I wouldn't think this was very historical for Scandinavia. Are these by design?

There was a pro-Allied coup in Norway in 1940 and the Soviets declared war on the Axis in early 1941. I did not cross into Norwegan territory until I saw the Soviets crawling along through upper Norway. All the territory they passed through was Allied until they occupied Narvik.

I checked the configuation for the mod and the Soviets are not cooperative. To me, this should make crossing Allied territory impossible as they should be OOS as well as in violation of Norway's soveriegnty. The units all have between 5-8 supply in the rough terrain around Narvik even though the port and Narvik are at 0 supply. There are two headquarters groups there also. Seems to be a quirk in the program perhaps.