Version 1.01.7942 Available

Brit

Notable Changes and Fixes:

- Added a unit-orders window that automatically appears when a unit, group, or city is selected

- Fixed bug: units that are sentried won't entrench

- Fixed bug: units that are inside unit-groups don't entrench

- Artillery who have 'no field orders' will now auto-attack enemy units that are within artillery range (but won't move towards them)

- Fixed a crash in the map editor

- Border lines stay around a little longer

- Players can now start with random city locations (in the rules modifiers window)

- If you already have a technology hint, it won't appear on the trade-agreement creation list (user request)

- Added a "Batch Processing" option to the Ruleset Editor. This let's users change details on multiple units at the same time.

- Fixed bug: bad border calculations were causing erroneous "border violation" messages

- Fixed bug: animated history window was sometimes blanking-out

- Fixed bug: text would sometimes overwrite itself on the resources window

- Added 'show map coordinates of the cursor' to the preferences window

I've had two people email me about the unit-orders window automatically appearing. If you don't like it, you can turn it off in the preferences window (toggle the checkbox "Automatically Switch to Unit Orders Window"). I turned it 'on' by default, because I was making a guess about what players might want. If you like it or don't like it, let me know. I'll change the default setting based on what players think of it.

Brit Hi!

I don't like it (The UOW window).

Couple of requests to add to your list:

--To Make the game setup window either remember the last set up or to be able to save settings (and load) as I usually play the same with maybe only one or two parameters changed.

--To be able to cycle through all the cities when the city build window is open without closing and opening anew. I think "Alpha Centauri" had this feature.

And a suggestion, which may be too game changing:

To have the available sources (Food, iron and oil) tied to individual cities, so capturing a city gains those resources. The resource nodes could still be shown on the map (obviously near their mother city) and could be subject to degradation by attack or enemy capture. Gradual reduction of the city would reduce the resources.

I have managed to figure out the editors I think - But have not yet managed to get the "Buying and Selling" every turn to work for me yet?

David

Brit Hi!

I don't like it (The UOW window).

Thanks for the feedback. One other idea I had was that the unit-orders window would only appear if you clicked on a unit on the map or unit-bar, but not if you clicked on a unit in the News window (i.e. the left panel). It sounds like I'll probably turn off the unit-orders by default, but let me know what you think of this alternative system. My only concern with this newer system is that it might not be immediately obvious to the player when the unit-orders window will or will not appear.

Couple of requests to add to your list:

--To Make the game setup window either remember the last set up or to be able to save settings (and load) as I usually play the same with maybe only one or two parameters changed.

The 'Restore Last Settings' button on the New Game window should restore whatever settings you used in your most recent game.

--To be able to cycle through all the cities when the city build window is open without closing and opening anew. I think "Alpha Centauri" had this feature.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. The system, as it works right now is a little weird from a coding perspective, so I keep messing with it. I think some people have had some crashes because of weird timing issues with the city-popup windows.

I have managed to figure out the editors I think - But have not yet managed to get the "Buying and Selling" every turn to work for me yet?

You mean that when you try to setup an ongoing trade with the open-market, it cancels the trade after a few turns, or are you having a different problem with it?

The "Top" trade boxes work fine. However the lower ones sometimes don't hold the trade when closed and as far as I remember do not continue for any subsequent turns. I sort of suspect that it may self cancel if the entered settings produce a negative total (it would be nice if in this case it could be "flagged"). However as I have only tried to use this feature when resources are low it may be that every next turn produces a negative value. I must confess, apart from seeing it not working I haven't investigated it very much....I will be in touch.

Another request! Please move the Trade button away (to the left) from the Close button!

With regard to the UOW, it is a feature I don't use very much, for me it would be sufficient to move all the information contained in it to the "mouse over" that appears under the unit icon in the top bar.

...Game setup Window...Restore Settings....Duh!

David

I'd like to suggest that it be much easier to save your most favourite custom map and ruleset and preference set together in a save prefs/scenario file or something.

"Load scenario" seems far too hard to find in the game menus, and in any case there is only a couple (one?) "official" scenarios and game setups. Maybe the custom scenarios files could be more prominent in the game loading menu?