First NATO screenshots are here!

I don't know what BFC may have up its sleeve, but that may have to wait upon major advances in CPU and video card power.

Michael

I think nearly everyone of us has a PC that could handle the trees and bushes in the distance.

The problem is that it is somehow hardcoded in the engine and happens even if you have a very powerful PC.

CMSF dont has support for Dual and Quad-Core CPU's, but i think nobody still uses a singlecore today...

"i think nobody still uses a singlecore today"

You think wrongly.

Also please remember the development cycle. What is being designed today will be played on the machines of two year's time.

Ok it just was a joke that nobody use them, but for sure really few people still use a singlecore cpu.

If you bought a new PC after 2005 you should have a dualcore.

And I think we can presume that Steam customers are a little more advanced in the hardware department than our crowd. At least traditionally strategy gamers are where the general gamers were 1-2 years earlier.

As for the draw distance thing, I have already put in a request to have a user be able to independently force the draw distance variable for certain LODs. Nothing has been done on this so far and I'm not sure what the state will be for the release of NATO.

And remember guys, Modules are not designed to alter the basic game setting beyond the features needed for the new forces and general bug fixing (which happens regardless of Modules or not).

Steve

And remember guys, Modules are not designed to alter the basic game setting beyond the features needed for the new forces and general bug fixing (which happens regardless of Modules or not).

Steve

I'll take that as we are never going to see any water in Syria then

Spain is far from be in bankrupcy... the 4th bigest bank in the world is spanish, and it's only an example.

:)

You must have understanding for Belenko. Most US people don't know that there's a difference between Spain and Portugal. There's an old joke that US soldiers usually can not find the country there are fightin' in on a worldmap. ;)

You must have understanding for Belenko. Most US people don't know that there's a difference between Spain and Portugal. There's an old joke that US soldiers usually can not find the country there are fightin' in on a worldmap. ;)

I wasn't going to comment on Cid250 earlier comment as it was rather OT but if Belenko gets portrayed like that I'm going to step in. It's not Belenko who doesn't know his stuff, it's Cid250 who is apparently unaware of his own country's economic state.

With Spains 11% budget shortfall and a whopping 20% unemployment figure it means their relatively low debt isn't going to save them. Spain is a most deserved member of the PIGS.

I'll take that as we are never going to see any water in Syria then

Judging from the screenshots you'll be able to play with water in Afghaistan soon enough. I suspect water will turn out to be like a girlfriend. Something you miss greatly when you don't have it, but when you do its something you largely tend to ignore and find annoying to have around. Hey, do I sound bitter? ;)

You must have understanding for Belenko. Most US people don't know that there's a difference between Spain and Portugal. There's an old joke that US soldiers usually can not find the country there are fightin' in on a worldmap ;).

I know the difference betwix Portugal and Spain. Those two Iberian Peninsula countries. One of them is where Christopher Columbus sailed from. The other is the birthplace of Fidelity Magellan ;) .

I wasn't going to comment on Cid250 earlier comment as it was rather OT but if Belenko gets portrayed like that I'm going to step in. It's not Belenko who doesn't know his stuff, it's Cid250 who is apparently unaware of his own country's economic state.

With Spains 11% budget shortfall and a whopping 20% unemployment figure it means their relatively low debt isn't going to save them. Spain is a most deserved member of the PIGS.

I used Spain because I had read the 20% unemployment number just before my post.

Judging from the screenshots you'll be able to play with water in Afghaistan soon enough. I suspect water will turn out to be like a girlfriend. Something you miss greatly when you don't have it, but when you do its something you largely tend to ignore and find annoying to have around. Hey, do I sound bitter? ;)

Haha

Nah i had a lot of fun designing scenarios based around water obstacles in CMx1, i can sorta fudge it in SF with cliffs but its not the same : (

Mike, your better at modding than making analogies. Anyway, this is really the wrong forum but does it snow in Afghanistan enough in the populated areas that it should be included?

Oh I know there's plenty of snow in the high mountains, but how often did operations take place there? Once one guy wanted snow in Syria too.

Will NATO show the visual gear differences between soldiers equipped with different weapons and equipment, as introduced in the Normandy screenshots? For example, the radio man having a radio, RPG gunner and ammo carriers showing RPG rounds, etc.

To answer your question Alan, a quote from Steve just a few posts up:

So, in short, no.

-

I used Spain because I had read the 20% unemployment number just before my post.

I live here, and i can say you the true...

If 20% of the spanish people where "really" unemployed, this country should be in some kind of civil war already.

The problem is that those numbers are the "official" data of workers who have a "known" work by the government, by the taxpayers.

There are many people working on something unknown to the government and not pay taxes and also collects money from the government for not having work for years.

The only truth is that black money (not declared to the government), which comes from undeclared work is growing a lot (activity encouraged a lot by the economical crisis).

Of course there are also many people that is really unemployed, but those numbers are way off.

Hi all,

Whoa! I've been out for a fortnight and I find a thread with some screenshots of the good old Canucks (btw, great artwork, Webwing!) and you guys arguing about the world's economic politics... :)

There are many people working on something unknown to the government and not pay taxes and also collects money from the government for not having work for years.

You describe my job very accurately, Cid250, but we do pay taxes. :P

And where are some screenies of the German and the Dutch, BFC, huh? I mean, huh? Is this part of the plan of the Anglo-Saxon conspiracy to kill the euro? :D

Cheers,

Lomir

It will be good to see the Germans weapons in game.Same goes for the uniforms.I like their soldier set up and it will also be interesting to see how the squads are made up.All kinds of different weapons and vehicles will be introduced with NATO for the bluefor and I can't wait to check em all out.This Module is gonna rock!:)