Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Map Editor Basic Question

Folks,

This is a REALLY basic question, so forgive me if you think it's too simple.

When I'm using the map editor I cannot figure out how to change my view. If the map is small, I can zoom into the entire map and create what I want. However, once I get too large, like 2km by 2km, I cannot move around.

With a large map, in order to see all of it, I must select the smallest scale. However, that scale is totally insufficient to work with. I am left with a view of only a portion of the map.

So, how does one move the map while using the map editor?

Thanks,

Ken

Hi Ken

You are correct about the larger maps - once you go large to see the whole map the views you have available don't work. What I do is grid the map of first using the set-up zones (can send you a large blank gridded map if ya like). Then mark the grid on whatever paper copy of the master map I'm using (say from Google) then work of my grid zones. That way I can keep track of what I have done and then check out what it looks like in the 3D view.

Soon get used to it. We had the same issue with large maps in CMX1 and this is the same method I used as the workaround then.

Cheers fur noo

George

George MC,

Thanks. I am confused. If I have a large map, say 1200x1200 meters for example, right now I can zoom in, but I cannot control, nay even INFLUENCE, which part of the map I zoom into.

Take my 1200x1200 map. If I divide it into grids, as you suggest, lets make it a 3x3 grid, each grid will be 400x400. It will be a large tic-tac-toe board. I'll number the grids 1 through 9, left to right, starting at the top left corner. If I zoom in, let's say I zoom into grid number 5, the center. How can I instead zoom into grid 1? Or 7?

It's not so much an issue of not knowing where I am zooming into, as much as it's an issue of CHANGING the default zoom location.

Thanks,

Ken