Play with anti-aliasing on - is it possible?

It appears to be pretty well-known that you can't run CMBB with anti-aliasing turned on without messing up the in-game text. But I would really like to play with AA turned on. I was wondering if anyone knew of a work-around? I haven't been able to find one by searching.

I have a computer that is somehow only powerful enough to run CMSF at minimum graphics and resolution with a low framerate, yet I can run CMBB at maximum graphics and resolution, with AA and AS on max, and still get a great framerate. Unfortunately AA messes up the bitmaps.

I'm on Windows 7 with a Radeon X850.

I can't help you with the AA problem I'm afraid but I can say it's not really fair to compare CMSF performance against CMBB as CMSF has a lot more going on with the engine being brand new and all. The new engine is real time as well as turn based I believe and has individual soldiers with a lot more polygons, as well as the vehicles, and probably much more that I'm not aware of as I haven't played the game.

I can't help you with the AA problem I'm afraid but I can say it's not really fair to compare CMSF performance against CMBB as CMSF has a lot more going on with the engine being brand new and all. The new engine is real time as well as turn based I believe and has individual soldiers with a lot more polygons, as well as the vehicles, and probably much more that I'm not aware of as I haven't played the game.

Sorry, you're right, I didn't mean to make it seem like I didn't like CMSF, it is a wonderful game, and I understand why it doesn't perform as well on my computer. It's just a little frustrating, because the one feature that annoyed me about CMBB was that individual soldiers weren't rendered, and now that they are in the new game, my computer can't play it. Oh well.

• 12 years later...