Ending a Mission?

BartlebyC

Dumb question...

I have just completed my first map in the American campaign, I don't seem to be able to get to the next one. If I 'Finish Mission' it just takes me back to the home screen to start again, I have hunted high and low for any remaining enemy troops on the map, but no luck.

Am I missing something obvious? Or am I missing an enemy infantryman lurking somewhere...?

If the latter, any hints on how to find them? I have done a house to house already...

I'm not absolutely sure of the answer to the problem you're running into. Are you running Windows Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, then the following MIGHT be applicable and help with 'campaign progress':

Have you launched the game by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu ? This gives you 'administrator rights' which often allows for writes to the actual '\Program Files' directory, which MIGHT be the cause of failure here. Typically these writes are re-directed to the 'VirtualStore' directory and should be 'invisible' to the programs and users, but on occasion this doesn't seem to work.

If 'Run as administrator' works, then you can modify the shortcut so that you do not have to right click on it. To do this, right-click on the launching shortcut and select 'Properties' at the bottom of the popup menu. Go to the 'Compatibility' tab and at the bottom of this tab will be a section labeled 'Privilege Level'. Checkmark the box next to the text that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click 'Apply' and 'OK'. You'll need to do this for every shortcut that launches the game.

It is a real problem sometimes on many maps and battles.

The only solution I have found is to make a line with your remaining units and sweep the map from beginning to end.

One problem with this battle is that if some enemy units drive through the town and park in the low area at the foot of the hills you cannot reach them with either line of sight or fire and then the game never ends. If this is the case then you will have to do the battle again and make of point of not letting any enemy units slipping through.

Cheers

Alan