Game minimizing to desktop for no reason

I recently upgraded to windows 7 64bit and CMSF will now minimise to desktop as soon as the intro video is finished. Obviously this makes it a little difficult to play the game!

I actually managed to find a workaround which involves setting the desktop to 1280x800, opening the game and when it minimises, changing the desktop to 1440x900. The game will then run in a 'window' without minimising. Obviously this is not ideal and I am worried it will damage my screen.

Can anyone help? I'm using a GeForce 9600 GT driver version 197.13 (I think)

I'm not sure if the following will help with this problem or not:

Right-click on the shortcut that you launch CMSF with. Go to the 'Compatibility' tab and in the 'Settings' section checkmark the boxes next to the text that says 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' and 'Disable visual themes' and possibly 'Disable desktop composition'.

While you're here you may want to go to the 'Privilege Level' section at the bottom and checkmark the box next to the text that says 'Run this program as an administrator'. Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.

The 'Compatibility modes' should NOT be necessary for CMSF and I would suggest turning them off if they've been set.

What is the native resolution of your display ? What setting do you have CMSF set for when it runs (in the 'Options' menu of the main menu) ?

That worked just right, I turned off compatibility mode and checked all the boxes and I am back to normal. Thanks!

My display is 1280x800 btw and I like to run CMSF at desktop resolution usually, although I was fiddling around with it to try and get the game to work.