FAILED(handle_end_turn): Special allocation

Anyone else see this error? It is happening to me at the conclusion of the first turn just before the computer turn begins. There is no saved file of any kind.

The funny thing about it is after about 10-20 times it crashes after the Axis turn ends and the Allied AI starts and then I can restart it from the autosav file and the problem will not happen again for the rest of the game.

This is very frustrating.:eek:

Additionally, there seems to be a problem with incompatible campaigns and saved games that cause a memory error at game launch. To fix this all you have to do is remove any invalid or incompatible campaign files from the 'Campaigns' folder and any invalid saved game files from your 'Save' or 'Multiplayer' save game folders and it should work fine.

Hubert

Additionally, there seems to be a problem with incompatible campaigns and saved games that cause a memory error at game launch. To fix this all you have to do is remove any invalid or incompatible campaign files from the 'Campaigns' folder and any invalid saved game files from your 'Save' or 'Multiplayer' save game folders and it should work fine.

Hubert

Thanks for the fast reply Hubert.

I am already using patch 1.03 and usually clean out all of the saved files including the autosav file before starting another game. I have already cleaned out the campaigns folder a couple of times but it's possible there may be some incompatible files there. I'll have another look at it.

Another piece of information. I tried starting the campaign without fog of war enabled and it ran without a hitch. Since I only did this once I'm not sure it's repeatable. I had a hunch it might be related to something graphical.

Will

It is not likely related to the options at all, I only mention this as I looked up the error in the Tech Forum and we've had this post before. In all of those cases it was the older campaigns or save game files that show up with 'File Error' in game that were the culprits.

Let me know if you get it working,

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...