Version 1.01.7060 Available

Brit

New version is available. Notable changes and updates:

I'm much happier with how the AI expands and captures territory in this version. Even had the AI using transport aircraft to drop-in paratroopers. Let me know what you think of the AI in this version.

- Fixed a bug in the AI that was making it too passive; it's much more active now.

- Added refugees to the game

. - In earlier versions, city population could be killed by bombers or aircraft. In the new version, fewer civilians are killed, but come civilians become refugees, creating a temporary decline in population (which returns over the next 4-20 turns).

. - This means players don't need to be as worried about bombing cities; the refugee-effect is temporary

- Users can set the initial resources (money, iron, oil, food) inside the ruleset.

- Fixed bug: unit-groups forget their orders after capturing a target.

- Fixed bug: units sometimes get stuck if they are moving next to the coast

- Fixed a crash that occurs if you name your unit-group

- Fixed a problem with the combat-randomness calculations

- Made adjustments to the Official rules

. - Transports are weaker against submarines

. - Artillery, Bombers kill fewer population, create refugees

. - Cruisers, Battleships can damage cities

. - Nukes create refugees

- PBEM Messenger shows the correct turn

[update: There was a problem with the official rules that were uploaded with this update -- players start with too many resources. If you start a game, and notice that you have too many resources, then you have the old rules. The update is now fixed, but if you updated your game during that window of time, you can download the corrected rules here: www.empiresofsteel.com/Official 1900-2030.Atomicboy.20100409-151052.unitset I'll also fix this in the next update, if you don't download it here.]

I played 180 turns yesterday on a max sized map with 10 players. No crashes, but when I load the game now, it's rougly 32 more in food cost pr turn. I guess that is the correct sum, and that the error creeps in over time when you play many turns in one session.

I played 180 turns yesterday on a max sized map with 10 players. No crashes, but when I load the game now, it's rougly 32 more in food cost pr turn. I guess that is the correct sum, and that the error creeps in over time when you play many turns in one session.

Uh oh. I'll take another look at this. I couldn't reproduce this bug last time I tried it, but I'll give it another look.

No, is something unusual happening with them?

Yes on my desk top with Win 7 64bit.

Zepplins fly a long, long distant (10 turns out and 10 turns back) most realistic. Planes fly short distants (that I like, both of them) :)

Assembly chains, land, sea and air. :)

On my lap top Windows 7 32 bit same old game. Zep fly short, planes fly further and no assembly chains :(

Zepplins fly a long, long distant (10 turns out and 10 turns back) most realistic. Planes fly short distants (that I like, both of them) :)

On my lap top Windows 7 32 bit same old game. Zep fly short, planes fly further and no assembly chains :(

It sounds like you're using two different rulesets.

I haven't been able to reproduce this bug. The next time you play a longer game, and you're about to save the game and shutdown, could you save a screenshot? Then, when you open the game later, if the screenshot doesn't match the numbers shown in the game, send me both the saved-game and screenshot. It might help me track down the issue if I can see exactly what the error-delta is, along with having the save-file. Also, does this miscalculation only happen with food, or does it happen with other resources?

Assembly chains were never part of the official rules, although, I remember someone creating a ruleset with Assembly chains. I think it was NormalDude who did that, but I'm not sure. If you download his scenario (which links to his ruleset), you will see an alternate version of the rules which has Assembly chains. Are you playing a scenario?

By the way, I tried to send you an email, but all my emails keep bouncing back.

Brit

Resource Problems. Into 400 plus turns on a random map. One turn my resources were $1617.1 (120+ turn), next turn was 1702.9. Iron was 1164.4 (33.6 PT), next turn 1177.3. Oil 360.7 (24.1 PT), next turn was 353.9. Food was 5064.3 (-9.8 PT), next turn 5085.4. Needless to say all 4 resources are off the mark and have been for 100 turns. Yes, I am a little slow to notice it 100 turns later. Still a great game Brit and thanks for all the updates.