Is there life here?

dpabrams

Greetings,

Shame on me for waiting 8 years to become addicted to TacOps. This simulation is like crack! I have some questions if any of you would be kind enough to help.

1. How does a fellow meet up with a network opponent?

2. Do direction finding/ Fire finding RADARS really work in the sim? Will they locate and enemy artillery battery 15km for example?

3. To simulate more realistic supply operations, is it best to load logistics packages on trucks and set overall supplies to zero?

This is all I can think of for the time being.

Thanks,

Pete

You can ask here or find out about the mailing list.

The radar markers are decoration only. The intention is that the player parks them somewhere and the game master/umpire decides what they see and tells the owner.

I think you will be hard-pressed to simulate realistic resupply. Just for starters, single squads don't have a truck drive up to them. But it'll be better than just "beaming" the supplies.

Redwolf,

I started dinking with the supply for the 6x M109's in each battery by putting a 6x FAASV's with a log pac nearby. I actually figured that to simulate the 93 rounds that each FAASV carries, the log pac would need to be 6288 points. It actually works well, to have the M109's fire their 40 each (or 240 rounds for the battery) and then, unload the log pac from the FAASV at less than 200 yards and then supply the M109's.

Pete