@Moon South Gambit Expansion

sonarman

• 1 month later...

The silence is deafening...

C'mon Moon, package the South Gambit expansion with the mission editor that we are all still waiting on and then we wil have to buy it. In addition don't lock it up too much and you can catch sales from all those who bought the Australian version too... easy money. But sooner rather than later please!

And for your next trick... it looks like Ubi may be about to drop the Silent Hunter series, you could discuss the possibility with Akellla to use the Storm engine for a WWII sub simulator & capture the market.

• 3 months later...
The silence is deafening...

C'mon Moon, package the South Gambit expansion with the mission editor that we are all still waiting on and then we wil have to buy it. In addition don't lock it up too much and you can catch sales from all those who bought the Australian version too... easy money. But sooner rather than later please!

And for your next trick... it looks like Ubi may be about to drop the Silent Hunter series, you could discuss the possibility with Akellla to use the Storm engine for a WWII sub simulator & capture the market.

I'll just post in here as this is the last post in a considerable time on this forum - what's PT boats like? Can you recommend it?

I'm in Ayr as well by the way :-)

Yes. The contracts have been signed, and we are preparing the website and announcements right now.

That's very good news indeed, Thanks Moon.

@ Phil It's a good game, but I think it it could still be a great one if the Subsim mod teams latch on to it, this expansion & Battlefront's willingness to continue with the project are a great first step the mooted mission editor would also be a great boost for the title. Let's hope that sales are enough to encourage Akella to continue with their line of naval games. With what looks like the sad demise of Ubi's Silent Hunter series they may indeed have a virtual monopoly in first person naval simulation gaming. Nice to see you are also in Ayr, a very small world indeed!

You can find a lot of discussion on the game over at subsim.com