Recently Started Using the Missions Editor

So I have begun to use the missions editor. I found that there is some difficulty in changing the player's tank, but I have found out how to correctly change the enemy vehicles and link them to AI Commanders. I have been experimenting with the Commando mission mostly. I changed the three T-34/85's to two Shturm-S's and a Leopard 1A4, AND changed the T-55's to T-72's. Whew! This mission got interesting again. Use of terain for dead space and hull down positions in this mission are now even more critical than before.

I have also started to involve the Mi-8 helicopters more in various missions. I've also experimented with making their rockets guided AT missiles. This didn't work so well, so I will work to make the rockets full blown OFS/BKS unguided rockets. From the unit parameters in the missions editor it looks like this will be totally possible.

Another thing that has added some realism to the missions is doubling the players tank armor strength in the CFG mode. It makes the T-55A more like a T-55AM and the T-72B really like a T-72B and not a T-72M1 with guided missile capability. The enemy weapons still have significant effect, especially the BKS shots and missiles, but not so much on the turret fronts or frontal hull armor... The BPS shots are still dangerous if you're within 1000 meters of your enemy - if they are in a T-55, T-72, SU-100, or a Leopard 1A4.

Anyway, I've been playing this game since late 2005, and it still surprises me from time to time and blows me away on the battlefield with a Shturm-S that I didn't see in time for instance. Plus with the use of the missions editor, there is a lot of undiscovered ground that has just openned up for me. Good times, good times.