New Units???

bomberburn

I had a thought today I was wondering if it was possible to take units that are in the Kursk 1943 and import them into Afirica 1943 such as the Wespe or Hummel or Motor units?? would it be a matter of transfering over the appropiate files and putting them in the right place in Africa?

I thought it might be possible being both games are similar and less than a year from each other.

Any thoughts???:confused:

I think it is possible, but it's not only a matter of importing the needed files into Africa43:

You might need to edit some of them, because they are referenced to different unit classes (for example, a german vehicle in Kursk is crewed by a crewset that is unique to Kursk43 - you'll need to have the files of the vehicle pointing the the german crewset in Africa43 instead. Same goes for the weapons, guns, ammo and magazine might need editing to point toward ToW2 Africa ressources. And you'll need to add all theses ressources to ToW2 africa filesid.txt.

On the other hand, it would be easier to import units from Africa to Kursk, as some of the ressources for africa are already in Kursk.