The Peng Challenge Thread. Accept no Substitutes!

{EDIT} ... What? We can no longer post that someone is full of ****e or that something is a steaming pile of ****e ... what's the world come to? It wasn't this way in the Olde Pool.

Yep, they added the four-letter word beginning with S to the censored list. For some reason "Joe" is still shown, but I'm sure that'll be rectified soon.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guys keep a secret? We made sure we turned on the Forum services first primarily to make sure you guys could keep posting to the MBT. The fact that we feared for your local real world communities if we didn't was not on our minds. Not even a little!

OK, a little.

Steve

A very responsible and public service minded approach ... while my presence in those communities would clearly be a plus one shudders to think of Boo Radley without an MBT.

One shudders ...

Joe

A very responsible and public service minded approach ... while my presence in those communities would clearly be a plus one shudders to think of Boo Radley without an MBT.

One shudders ...

Joe

Every time I think of one of you I shudder. Well, except for Emrys, but only because he lives in the town where they brew one of my favorite beers.

A very responsible and public service minded approach ... while my presence in those communities would clearly be a plus, one shudders to think of Boo Radley without an MBT.

One shudders ...

Joe

Those pesky DTs again, Joe? Don't fret yourself, Bubbeleh. And I fixed your punctuation for you.

I thought you got a nickel for bringing the container back?

Only if it's not too badly damaged ... in this case it's full of ****e and has, from the looks of it, been dropped from a car doing 85 on busy freeway.

Joe

{EDIT} ... What? We can no longer post that someone is full of ****e or that something is a steaming pile of ****e ... what's the world come to? It wasn't this way in the Olde Pool.

Oh, NOW we've noticed? After I spent the last fecking tumpty-tum years of my fecking life bringing sh*te back to the Western World, popularizing sh*te, and giving sh*te to all and sundry, not to mention making sh*te a household word in American households far beyond the purview of the Peng Challenge Thread, we've decided to wonder about not being allowed to give a fecking SH*TE anymore?

Christ on a crutch attempting semaphore, what's next? We're not allowed to use 'feck' (also my f*cking g*dd*mn sack of sh*te introduction to this Thread, not to mention the Forum), which, as anyone knows, is based on 'feculent', rather than the other f*cking word.

This whole 'My, what a pleasant, well-maintained vision of Hell this place is' makeover of the Battlefront forum gives me the red-ass.

IT GIVES ME THE RED-ASS!

HA! THERE, DID THAT COME THROUGH?!

In the old days, we regulated ourselves. We knew when an expletive was called for, and when it was superfluous. We knew when it was enough to use the hated *s, and when nothing else would serve than to use 'the word itself'.

We knew when to refrain from excess, and when vulgarity and excess were all that remained to be done. And if that moment had come, we went to it. And when we f*cked up, we paid the price. I paid it at more than once.

AND THEN — THEN WE WERE MEN!

Now, software tells us about how our contributions have been 'duly logged, and made more enjoyable for everyone'. We know that we should, maybe, speak a little more quietly. Maybe turn our thoughts more towards 'the children', and 'where our souls will spend eternity', not to mention right-wing religious lunatics. Think about how our comments on war, death, and hell should be better phrased to embrace even the most innocent, the most impressionable, the most judgmental and most ridiculous elements of online society.

Hmm! What's that scent? It smells like the minty fresh breath of kissing the arse of a public that shouldn't even be on this website, and that ain't fecking buying!

BRING ME YOUR MOTHERS OF TEENAGERS, AND BRING THEM NAKED!

I'd like to read with them the works of Shakespeare, and the poetry of Yeats. Something their spawn have never read. And I will, dirty old man that I am, read them damn well.

"A little more wine there, my dear? Perhaps something with a bit of expletive to it? No? Maybe you should, well, bend over..."

I am the Bard of the Peng Challenge Thread. From high to low, I am there. Always there.

Can you guys keep a secret? We made sure we turned on the Forum services first primarily to make sure you guys could keep posting to the MBT. The fact that we feared for your local real world communities if we didn't was not on our minds. Not even a little!

OK, a little.

Steve

Oh, someone has installed a server into my Paddock shed... I've already slathered it up twice and I should say it will take quite a bit of slathering to get the Dell badge off.

You guys are still here? Holy cow.

It was YOU!

It was you who changed my password and contact email addy with this place so that when they automatically logged me out today, I couldn't find my way back in.

Admit it! It was YOU!

Why do you hate me, rleete?

1) Last night I was watching a season 3 Sliders episode where they slide into an Earth that has real druids and a city called Emrys. I thought "isn't that strange that someone would name their TV-druid-city after someone who inspires so many drunken rants by Seanachai?"

2) Since most of my weekend plans got effed into a cocked hat, and if I'd gone to Lars's for a Sunday meet I'd definitely have a drink in my hand by noon-thirty, when I crawled out of bed today I declared it a Boat Day and poured myself a dark & stormy. Sun, yardarms, somewhere, etc. Happy Boat Day, prawns!