New file at the Repository: (SC2G) Brute Force 1939-1945 v1.0 (2010-03-14)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to have to do it in the morning. Too much going on and I keep finding things I want to fix. So one last simulation.

Hey Big Al it looks like the repository will be down for a least another week or more. You mentioned that you would upload your mod to your homepage, do you mean the poker site? And if you do where on that site would we find your mod?

Bo

The download will be ready 12:45 EST

http://www.wowfreegames.com/html/brute_force_sc2/main.html

Do not download and use the alternate counters. I have to modify a few things.

Notes on AI version: I had to split the USA into east and west to make the AI work fairly well. The west version has a Angola flag because I forgot to change it.

See if you like the quick loops.

See if the AI does fair.

See if the Russians have enough units vs Germany and if the German AI has enough units for Barb.

Axis AI is complete, Allied AI is complete but USA is not properly player tested through the end of war.

The download will be ready 12:45 EST

http://www.wowfreegames.com/html/brute_force_sc2/main.html

Do not download and use the alternate counters. I have to modify a few things.

Notes on AI version: I had to split the USA into east and west to make the AI work fairly well. The west version has a Angola flag because I forgot to change it.

See if you like the quick loops.

See if the AI does fair.

See if the Russians have enough units vs Germany and if the German AI has enough units for Barb.

Axis AI is complete, Allied AI is complete but USA is not properly player tested through the end of war.

hey Al I am getting a cant find when I try to download is it me or the file is not right yet?

Bo

Bo, didn't you bother to at least read the post (mine) before yours? I think that will answer your question. goofy goober :P

I think I am a goofy goober but I read your file but it is now 2 pm est but for a goofy goober could you explain what your saying there.

Bo

There is one bug I havent been able to fix. Canada doesnt ship its troops due to loops. So they will stay stuck for the AI.

Also Russia keeps invading Manchuria. I setup the top 1/2 as Japan owned and the resources as Manchuria surrendered so the convoy goes. Thats why it looks strange.

Although its still not working because Im looking at 1 of my 2 sims Im running and they are still coming through. I'll have to modify the garrison scripts.

What I noticed in the original release is that, compared to stock and Nupremal's, I was constantly trying to scrimp to buy the essentials, for both Germany and Japan-it didn't seem like income had been scaled properly with the larger force pools.

The upload does NOT affect PVP version

--

Yes Germany and Japan are short on MPPs but they got lots of cheap land units early that are depleted. Currently the MPP production is historical (my base). As the games get tested I will adjust the production for better playability. I gotta start somewhere. I actually reduced the USA production by 20%. It was simply too much.

--

I corrected that. No they dont. Thanks for finding that error.

The USSR seems short on land units. The notes say that some armies will arrive later when they are at war w/ Germany and not to overbuild armies.

How many armies will arrive later, and thus how many can be safely built?

I'd consider raising the # of corps that USSR can build? They hardly have enough to garrison Turkish border, front 2 rows of cities, and send another corp or 2 to face Finland I think?

Also did you answer the question about garrison cities if USSR doesn't get east Poland or Bessarabia? I thought you might have said something about it when you wrote "I corrected that. No they dont. Thanks for finding that error. ", but I wasn't sure?

Scenario is really interesting. Thanks.

Have some questions regrading the notes:

USSR +15-25 Allied Japan adds units to Manchuria

USSR +15-25 Allied Japan removes units to Manchuria

What is the start level of units that need to be in Manchuria?

USSR® +5(1940) Allied Axis < 4 on USSR Border

USSR® +5(1941) Allied Axis < 8 on USSR Border

USSR® +5(1942) Allied Axis < 12 on USSR Border

'on the Border' means literally on the border? Or in Poland?

Are there warning messages that display when these conditions trigger allied USSR leaning?

I forgot to put an exclusion in the scripts for "Mol-Rib Pact *NO*" for Russian penalties. I corrected that mistake. They do get 30 pts toward activation if the Germans say no to the pact also.

In its current form....

Germany accepts Pact.. Russia needs garrison to gain mobilization. if they lack the lose slightly

Russia takes Baltic States.. They dont lose mobilization but they do gain if units are there. Of course if they leave it empty they are asking for a whoopass and the option will pass to Germany to occupy it. Those two decisions are there for show. Really its crazy not to follow history. I couldnt come up with a balanced solution to this what if.

USSR has the following based on 5 divisions per corp and 10 divisions per army which gives them ~360 operational divisions not including HQs. 7 units are on the Siberian borer

8 HQs

32 Corp

16 Army

1 Eng

2 Para

2 Anti Air

2 Art

10 Armor

14 A/C

At the 1942 May historical line if all the holes are filled in the line the Russians have an extra 6 armor, 5 armies, 2 para. But considering that probably those armor wont be build and neither the para yea I can see how its short. I was thinking of leveling out their production a little bit more or reducing costs of infantry class units. I will mix in another 10 corp/army and it will bring them up to 425 divisions total. They had close to 500 at war's end.

There are only corps early in the game because at that time the Russians were using European standards for their units ~15k-20k men per division. After 6/1941 they lowered the number of men per division down to 10k for better organization and grouped them into armies.

The Russians get 5 depleted extra Armies as a Human player when at war with Germany, I will add this to the notes. I raised thier total number of available armies to build at 18 (up from 13) and corps to 37 (up from 32). Thanks for the insight.

Have some questions regrading the notes:

USSR +15-25 Allied Japan adds units to Manchuria

USSR +15-25 Allied Japan removes units to Manchuria

What is the start level of units that need to be in Manchuria?

USSR® +5(1940) Allied Axis < 4 on USSR Border

USSR® +5(1941) Allied Axis < 8 on USSR Border

USSR® +5(1942) Allied Axis < 12 on USSR Border

'on the Border' means literally on the border? Or in Poland?

Are there warning messages that display when these conditions trigger allied USSR leaning?

Manchurian border units are for 2 reasons. #1 if the Japanese lower their defenses and leave it open to kill China it increases mobilization. Free Manchuria I'll buy that for a dollar. #2 if the Japanese put too many units there to attack the Russians it makes them mobilize. The exact numbers? Well thats the mystery. If I told you the numbers it wouldnt be fun now would it.

The 3 USSR east scripts are scrictly for German garrisons. The Russians automatically get 5, 10, 15 in each of those years total. If the Germans have the appropriate garrisons the Russians lose 5, 10, 15 which = to break even. But this only accelerates their mobilization. They always get their normal mobilization points for garrisoning the border. So if the Germans do not garrison their border appropriately then the Russians can be at 100% by May of 1941 or sooner depending. The more the Germans leave the border open, the more the Russians mobilize. The German garrisons are on the Polish border.

Hi - when do you expect to put out a new version with changes?

Thx

and added to the above when you make changes Big Al will we have to download the whole mod each time from your server, not that I care but how will this be handled.

Bo

Al, thanks for some clarification, but still in the dark about

- Are there warnings when Manchuria or east garrison are below levels?

- Do the german units need to be 'ON' the border or in Poland?? What if Germany takes all of Poland, border moves and garrison placement (if on border) too I hope.

Thanks.

Hi - when do you expect to put out a new version with changes?

Thx

I will upload them today. I have a few of my own to look at. I got 2 duo-core PCs that I am running 2 simulations on to test the AI. So I get to see the errors faster.

Im not liking the really late war USA AI for fleet movement.

and added to the above when you make changes Big Al will we have to download the whole mod each time from your server, not that I care but how will this be handled.

Bo

Depends on the change. Probably this time I will upload the whole mod but after that I will put the parts I change in a special zip file and upload them. Mostly scripts. I believe I made some map changes last night.