Multi Multiplayer

Is it possible to save a turn in multiplayer and pass that save file via e-mail to another player and so on until one side is complete..in other words, if everyone on my side has the password, can different players each control a diffrent nation on the Allied side and vice versa? Effectively having six players or more..

In PBEM, no alas-the only time it saves it is after you hit the end turn button. Otherwise, if you do want to try one person per major, you have to play it like regular hotseat, which means no passwords, which means the enemy could cheat and take a look at your units and such. Otherwise we'll have to keep waiting for Hubert to issue a patch so you can save a PBEM turn in progress (I've been waiting for over 4 years now).

Then again, we have this fine print in the manual (don't recall seeing this in the previous editions):

Switching Between Saved Multiplayer Games

Any saved multiplayer game can be switched between hotseat, e-mail or network format. The active player saves the current turn’s .sav file. These games are saved in their respective Hotseat, E-mail or Network directory by default. The saved game file can then be moved from one directory to another and reloaded by selecting Load Multiplayer from the Main Menu. For example, loading a previous e-mail game as a network game will now bring up the TCP/IP dialog. Either player can also use the autosave.sav file to restore a game, which may be particularly useful if an e-mail file becomes corrupted or a saved game file is deleted. Once loaded, you will be asked for an appropriate password and the game can be continued. The only limitation when switching multiplayer games from one format to another is that the Last Turn Replay may not be shown.

And I forgot that hotseat games have passwords (when I've played "hotseat", it's always been the humans vs. the computer). So yeah it's doable, if I'm reading this correctly. The turn sequence would go:

First Axis player (call him Germany) would start a hotseat game, and choose a password. He'd do his thing, then send it to the Japanese player, who would play his turn out, save it as a hotseat, exit to desktop and move the file into the PBEM folder, and THEN reload it as PBEM, and hit the end turn button. It would save again as a PBEM file, and Japan would ship it off to the first Allied player (China say), who would load it as hotseat, choose a password, shuffle his units around, and then send it off to the Russian player, and so on and on.

I'd be game for something like that, tho I'll wait until one of the megamods is released. The first guy had better replay the enemy turn so that data's not lost.

Alrighty-the reason I want to wait for Nupremal's or Al's is that they have it as 3 Axis vs. 3 Allies, while Hubert has it as 4 Allied vs. 2 Axis. I would rather play Italy than China (and that's not including my preference for a nice healthy navy to play with). France is a minor in all 3 scenarios.

We'd also need rules on strict divisions of minors, since it is not always obvious about who belongs to who. And also a strict nomenclature about naming the files, so we don't pork the pooch by putting a file somewhere that it doesn't belong.