Hi, have anyone done a Sealion? any tips? how did you do it? when did you do it?

If the allies are the AI I think its kind of easy to do [too easy] the British AI seems to be more concerned with Egypt than the British isles but with that said the small port above and to the right of London is where you need to attack and capture the port with paras and an amphibus Panzer and army group after you softened the port up with air assualts and then transport your panzers into that port, once you get the Panzers in its all over. But the truth of the matter is I will never conquer England anymore because when you do the war in my opinion is over for the allies, the AI does not seem to know how to handle the USA situation with the fall of England, at least thats the case in W&W not sure about Global because I will probably never do it. In a Pbem game a competent allied player will most likely never allow that to happen. [the capture of that port]

Bo

English isn't my native language (mother tongue). I tried some online-dictionaries and my dictionary book, in none of them is the word "sealion" listed. The online-dictionaries answered my search with question marks. What does "sealion" mean? Could you please post similar words for it or translate it in german language?

English isn't my native language (mother tongue). I tried some online-dictionaries and my dictionary book, in none of them is the word "sealion" listed. The online-dictionaries answered my search with question marks. What does "sealion" mean? Could you please post similar words for it or translate it in german language?

Sealion was the German code word for the Invasion of England like Barbarossa was the code word for the invasion of Russia, real sealions live mostly in the water they are larger than seals and have ears and flippers and the word sealion is in the dictionaries.

Bo

Wow you are multi talented Hubert going to run for the senate?

Please do not Hubert!

1st: Politics is the economics whore, it's not worth it!

2nd: We need Hubert! Please go on programming the SC series!

And, if I'm not mistaken, Hubert is Canadian. In Canada you don't run for the Senate, you are appointed. Very democratic, n'est-ce pas?

Thats correct Gorgin but I want him to run for our senate, we need some Canadians in the senate cant be any worse than it is now. As long as they dont eat the voting chads right Hubert?:D

Bo

This is my proposal of how I did the "Operation Sea Lion". The pictures you see are taken from the Patton Drives East expansion of Strategic Command 2 Blitzkrieg (just left-click on them). I did not tried this 'project' within the SC WWII Global Conflict yet, but I will try later and hope it will work similar.

When I started playing PDE expansion my prior thought was: "How could I capture the UK as fast as possible?"

After occupying Poland, Denmark, The Low Countries (BeNeLux), Norway and France of course, the first thing is you have to win the air war against the UK. That's why I shifted all (!) my air units to the north coastal line of France. Then I researched "long range aircraft", this is necessary to bomb the Liverpool and Glasgow ports with (strategic) bombers to break down british supplies via the convoy routes. This will reduce the UK's MPP collecting dramatically. (In Global Conflict it's just necessary to bomb the Liverpool port. The Glasgow port is not so important I think, and it is not in range for (strategic) bombers placed in north of France even with the highest possible long range upgrade - what a damn sh**!) Attacking british land, air and sea units with fighters and tactical bombers as often as possible will reduce UK's strength enormously. "Advanced aircraft"-, "anti-tank weapons"- (to upgrade the tactical bombers = Stuka) and "heavy bombers"-research will help too. I strengthened my air army with some tactical bombers and several italian air units. Don't forget the HQs! The picture below shows how it looked in spring 1942. (Sorry, but the picture quality is limited too much by the Battlefront-community-server!!! I would like to post better quality, but that's unfortunately impossible!)

post-31408-141867621759_thumb.jpg

I planned to run "Operation Sea Lion" in summer 1941, but I needed to buy lots of infantry units to strenghthen the eastern front against the SU. So I had to postpone the invasion of the UK until spring 1942. Three paratroop units and three special forces units, all with the highest upgrades, should do the job. In summer 1942 the time had finally come! The paratroopers landed in south England to the west of London building a beachhead for the following special forces and HQs. (Tip: paratroopers starting with HQ attachment suffer less or no landing casualties!) My naval forces helped defending the amphibious transports against the british royal navy, or that which was left of them after the heavy bombardements the years before. (Tip: place the units you want for amphibious transport in ports near to the landing zone, I placed mine in Brest and Amsterdam, so they will not need to travel long distances!) The special forces and HQs landed unscathed on greyed tiles - the beachhead - in south England. The following picture shows how it looked in summer 1942.

post-31408-141867621765_thumb.jpg

With air support from the north of France and some tactical bombers moved to the south of England it was easy to occupy first London and then Manchester in a couple of weeks. The US trying to help the British was hopeless. My naval forces dumped the US navy and lots of their troopships. With less casualties "Operation Sea Lion" was a complete success finalized in autumn 1942. The last picture shows how it looked in early autumn 1942 after marching into Manchester.

post-31408-141867621767_thumb.jpg

After the fall of London and Manchester the british gouvernment escaped to Canada. After that I captured Ireland in a single turn by bombing out the Dublin garrison and landing a paratroop unit (with HQ attachment when starting).

After the success of "Operation Sea Lion" it took a load of my mind. From that time on I controlled the north and middle Atlantic with the 'Kriegsmarine' (= so called german naval forces during 3rd Reich), and could concentrate on the eastern front and break the heavy soviet army lines with the help of my big air fleet that was completely commandeered to the eastern front. Upgraded italian units took care of Malta, north Africa and near east Asia.

So I hope, eye-switcher, my post will help you. (I think you don't want to know how I captured Scandinavia, even Sweden, do you?! ;) )