After game download AVG stated there was a virus found

Battlefront and 1C

This may be a false alarm but after downloading Kursk 1943 today my AVG antivirus detected a virus as follows in the default download location : D:\program files\battlefront\1C Company\Theatre of War 2 Kursk...etc. It read as follows: virus found Win32/Heur

I hope it's just a false alarm.

I have running AVG Free 8.5.436.

I don't want to give misleading information so here it is. AVG did not detect the virus when it was first downloaded. I played Kursk awhile and then left the computer. When I came back to the computer later on that is when the virus was detected. I did open Mission Editor to have a look and also Options when I was fooling around with Kursk earlier. It may have attached at that time (maybe?)

Ron

eLicense is encrypting these (and other) files to prevent the game from being hacked. This encryption is very good (it hasn't been cracked), and your AV program cannot decode it. Not knowing what it is, it has therefore flagged the file as possible virus. But it's not. Depending on which AV program you're using, you have various tools to improve this behavior of your AV program, e.g. by setting exceptions, turning off heuristic scanning (which is the equivalent of the AV program "guessing") etc. Either way, it's a "false positive" - there is no virus contained in those files. Reporting this to the company that produced your AV program may help, too, as they sometimes issue updates to avoid such problems in the future.