Technology

Dont get me wrong. One of my favorite parts of the game is investing in technology. But in my first game, I invested fairly Early in infantry weapons for US, using 2 credits. by 44 I still had not gotten it so went to three. I never got it. Chance? I guess, but by 45 I had Long range jet bombers. Kinda odd that Im flying jets but couldnt develop decent grenades, machineguns, or a battle rifle or decent inf tactics. Germans and Japs had level 2, Brits were stuck at 1, with level 2 naval and level 3 destroyers. I did win the game but you can imagine the slaughter that ensued. I felt like I was using Viet Cong sappers on the wire at Khe Sahn. Any thoughts?

hmmm. Heres a thought to make the game more interesting (and it wouldn't require any code/game tinkering either!) How about putting out a PDF attachment that defines what happens at each stage of development (i.e. Level 1: Infantry Weapons - Your major power has invented a, new submachine gun/assault rifle that improves on your bolt action rifles, Level 1 Tanks: Krupp has developed the new Panther II for the German army (GM comes out with Sherman tank). It might add more "color" to the game to define those levels than just say "congrats, your at level 2" which is pretty hollow.