Just Finished 1939 Campaign as Allies

Played against Axis at +100 expiriance and +2 stars. Also I do ZERO politics as a balancing VS the computer.

The best part of something new, is that it is new and unpredictable. The amount of decisions the Allied player has is staggering. Many although sounded and were great left me so short of Points it was excruciating. As the war progress and I got the hang of thing I was able to mount defenses and Campaigns of my own VS the Axis.

However unlike all previous Version of the SC series, IN Global the reboundability and reactive powers of the Axis was unbeleiveable. I several times though I had crushed the Axis in Russia only to see my Counter attacking Armies melt away and come under renewed and DOGGED offensives from the Axis.

On China my defense was heroic I was sure that I was bleeding Japan dry yet after years I was finally out flanked and surrendered. Russia had Germany on the ropes. But 1 turn after China fell Japan attacked Russia eating up all my Stratigic reserves and wearing me down on two fronts faster than I could recover.

In the Naval war BLOODY combat between England and all three Axis. After lossing the intiative to the Axis. The USA built a massive destroyer fleet and I swept the Uboats from the Altlantic....Only to have like 5 turns latter to be completly suprises by a massive Uboat fleet that decimated my destroyer fleet.

In the Pacific my Carriers ruled supreme till be caught in rough weather were mauled by Japans Battleship.

Due to very limited sight Naval battles can be VERY Deadly.

In Mid 45 I was not going to take the needed Axis cities for Victory. A GREAT game!

I salute Hubert!......And drink a pitcher of Texas strength Maragaritas.

Good input---really enjoyed your comments---I have not made it that far in the game yet, though I am thinking of starting a new game with a new strategy (ie: as Axis player, don't kill yourself in China). Haven't tried as Allied player yet.

I always found playing the Allies as enjoyable as the Axis---playing the Axis, you are always pushing the envellope; playing the Allies, you are tying to close the envellope!

Cheers...

Canada1