Release performance

I was expecting that, as it has been the case too with ToW2 Africa. For example, the demo statics objects where not optimized yet (some textures for low resolution lods where not implemented yet)

Anyway, its good to see that the release is even faster that the demo

I was going to post new, but I'll stick it in this thread since it's related...

Anyone notice a major decrease in perform as as the mission goes?

I have a pretty powerful machine, I got the settings on HIGH... the first mission of the Russian campaign starts out with about 30 FPS... by the end of the mission I'm under 5 FPS... just strange, like a resource leak or something... anyone else?

BTW screens:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2973347/ToW2_Kursk_43_released_tutoria.html#Post2973347

Anyone notice a major decrease in perform as as the mission goes?

I have a pretty powerful machine, I got the settings on HIGH... the first mission of the Russian campaign starts out with about 30 FPS... by the end of the mission I'm under 5 FPS... just strange, like a resource leak or something... anyone else?

]

Same with me. I ran TOW2 on high with no problems, but the first Russian mission drops to a crawl.

Hmmm... I have the same problem in the first german mission. at the start of the mission, performance his great, but a little bit after I'm through with the first objective (occupying the first line of trenches with infantry, the game slows down to a crawl. Saving, exiting the game and restarting changes nothing. I don't know what could be the cause of this slow down, as nothing much is happening at the moment - no bombardment, no graphical effects whatsoever that could be an explanation. I have a SdKfz-250/1 that seems to be burning forever, but I don't believe it could have such an impact on performance.

The option "hide bodies" was ticked. I'm not sure it is related to the number of units displayed on the map. The only difference I can see from the two campaign missions in the demo is perhaps the smoke effects of the burned crops and destroyed houses in the villages that I didn't notice earlier.

Uhmmm...ok my PC is certainly not a supermachine, but with dual core 2.8 GHZ CPU, 2Mb RAM and NVIDIA 7600GS 512MB it's able to handle TOW2 Africa 1943 at medium details with a pretty decent frame rate, although with Kursk things seem to be a bit more difficult; actually a lot more difficult.

Not to mention TOW 1, which flows perfectly.

Well, Kursk works well halving the speed as suggested by Knokke, but I'd like to play it at normal speed, even if this means low details.

Bit of a shame if you ask, cause the game is simply outstanding, the occasional bugs are not too bad, and they can be easily sorted out.

I bought a new video card!

I was using a pair of old 7900 GS in SLI. It ran North Africa fine, but then, there isn't as much grass or trees either. I upgraded to a BFG Tech nVidia GTX 260. Everything runs silky smooth now, totally cranked up.

Great game btw!

Salute!

I had/have the same problems with the demo. Towards the end of the demo missions, my framerate would have dropped from 20-30 to <10.

I have 2.4-ish core 2 duo, 4GB RAM, 4800 series ATI.

I have heard Sneaksie say that the more units there are, the more CPU power needed rises exponentially. Calculating all the hits and angles and so forth I imagine - probably a good amount of visibility calcs and so forth even if they're not visible.

Regardless of what I do, planes make things a slide-show.

For these reasons, I did not buy the game. I have tweaked my ram and so forth, but I think there is some sort of conflict with CPUs or similar, that does not seem to be related to graphics.