Custom names

bomberburn

Hello

First time posting here. I recently purchased TOW2 Africa 1943 I've been playing the Greman campaign and a custon mission. I think the games great and I'm looking forward to Kursk soon and I'll be getting the Centruro expansion as well. I haven't even loaded Men of war in a long time and will probally uninstall it due to the version conflicts and patching problems that game has had. So I'm real glad that I was able to find TOW2 last week.

Heres my question in the mission editor is it possible to put custom names in for your soldiers and have them show up in the game. I was able to type in a custom name in the editor under the names tab, but when I loaded the battle the units had a random name.

Thanks for any help.:)

I suppose that any names you would like to see in the game could be added by editing the data/local/en/names.utf8 in wordpad. I didn't test that yet, so its just a supposition.

If the name you need is added to this file, you will probably be able to choose it in the mission editor.

Please, test this, and let us know the result; I'll will have to add names not in the list too for my mission.

Thanks for the respone. I looked for that folder (data/local/en/names.utf8) I couldn't find it I don't beleive I have one. I looked for a list of names just about everywhere and couldn't find any. Is there any other place that they could be. I'm sure the editor is finding the list of preset german names somewhere. Any thoughts??

The file data/local/en/names.utf8 is stored into the data.sfs file. You first have to decompress this file with SFSExtractor to access it.

Do a search on this forum with the keyword SFSextractor: you should be able to find all you need to know about where to find the utility and how to use it.