TOW2 & Centauro v1.3.6 accuracy mod, AI mod & bug fix

taly01

I've been playing with this since christmas and Iv'e done about all i can. All files are text base so anyone can modify for their own ideas :)

http://www.cosec1788.com/42_2010_TOW2_mod.zip

TOW2 with Centauro v1.3.6: accuracy mod, AI mod & bug fix

----------------------------------------------------

Installation-

Use WinZip to extract to your \Theatre of War 2 directory. All files will appear in \Theatre of War 2\Data.

Removal-

Delete all files in \Theatre of War 2\Data

BUGS-FIX

---------

M10 turret damage properties were wrong

Crusader II Turret damage not linked properly

Stuart M3 Turret damage not linked properly

Crusader track guard definitions made Crusader too tough

Lee turrets damage not linked properly

DATA-FIX (the TOW2 data is very good - the only changes important?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

All 20mm cannons a bit less powerful (all used 20x138B ammo).

German PzB41s now much more powerful - had used 20mm data. (actually this gun should be on a little carriage).

2pr/6pr now no HE - this is the $64,000 question but most say tanks didn't have it.

No PzGr.40 APCR for German 75mm,88mm - Was mostly supplied for 20mm,37mm,50mm that really needed it to be effective.

Crusader IICS almost all Smoke rounds now.

AI-MOD

-------

Gunnery aim and dispersions tweaked (generally less accurate)

All guns have had engagement ranges and dispersion tweaked

Driver skills globally increased

Gunner skills now start higher but don't go as high as before

Intelligence skills globally increased

Infantry fires more often now but are less accurate than before

Infanty now crawls a little way when under attack (except in assault just short prone)

All humans now have a little scout ability

Veteran & Elite infantry now have a little driver & gunner skill

Free to use or modify. Have fun :)

http://www.cosec1788.com/42_2010_TOW2_mod.zip

The TOW files extract with the tool SFSExtractor.306.368.zip from Battlefront downloads, install to mission editor folder

You also need a filelist.txt put in the folder where the SFSExtractor.306.368.zip is installed so it knows all the files! Here is mine http://www.cosec1788.com/filelist.zip

Now when you run SFS extractor you must define the extract folders in the menu boxes.

Then just select extract from upper menu bar and all selected files will appear in the right folder structure.

Thats all I know I only txt edit the files :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for doing this mod. The changes to the infantry are great!

Question - did you lower the accuracy of tank cannons? I can't get past mission 2 of the US campaign because every tank on the board runs out of ammunition before killing most of the german tanks. The German tanks eventually run out, too.. and it devolves into a silly dance around the map with out of ammo tanks.

Your thoughts?

I have installed this mod too plus the Balance mod and am playing the Centauro campaign through again. Already in the first battle the British attack with Valentine IX tanks instead of the standard Crusaders! A much tougher opponent. Plus the Crusader IIC support tanks fired a lot of smoke which was quite effective in screening the British advance and allowed them to get very close undamaged.

Some great changes all around.

Cheers

Alan