So far so good

I like the game but, [ everyone knows I am Mr. negativity:D] is it possible that Japan is too mp rich in the early going, not a complaint because I like playing Japan and maybe she will need everyone of them later on. For some reason France is even easier to beat than in W&W if that is possible, graphics look very good, game play seems to be smooth and comfortable at least for me, I have to say this even though its not a good idea, the map is way too small, sorry, hopefully the mod thats coming by I think Big AL will suffice to comfort my longings for a decent size map so manuverbility will have a chance to come into play, not very far along in the game but enjoying it.

Bo

I will tag on this...as opposed to a new Thread....

So far, so good, but I am puzzled why I can't influence Spain (or You Go Slavia). The screen of influencings runs out at the Solomons (not that I would influence that either)

Perhaps, it's the computer, but i am puzzled to know.

With Japan, although she starts out earning more than Germany, her income isn't going to rise like Germany's does so within a short time you'll find Germany outproducing her.

Japan does seem to have a good income but it really does have to invest it wisely, and the beauty of this set up is that it gives you the ability to choose the investments, and therefore you can base your long term strategy on your purchases. This is something players seemed to miss in the Pacific game, so here it is... :)

One note of caution: after the Dutch East Indies and USA have imposed an oil embargo, Japan's income will go down quite significantly. This is the time to start preparing your offensives, and for this you will need a stock of MPPs saved up to enable you to put all your invasion forces into transports. In early test games I made the mistake of not having sufficient MPPs to do this, and it cost me dearly. It was still a fun game, but when Japan goes to war it needs to strike with an iron fist.

Just to add a note myself, the base Japanese income is also a portion of the US oil that will go offline sometime in 1941. It would have been nice for us to be able to show this as a separate convoy value but the current engine does not support that and so it simply appears as regular income for Japan. For reference these oil resources can be found at the bottom right hand corner of the map and are scripted to go to 0 MPP value as the war progresses with the applicable US Embargo message.

Just to add a note myself, the base Japanese income is also a portion of the US oil that will go offline sometime in 1941. It would have been nice for us to be able to show this as a separate convoy value but the current engine does not support that and so it simply appears as regular income for Japan. For reference these oil resources can be found at the bottom right hand corner of the map and are scripted to go to 0 MPP value as the war progresses with the applicable US Embargo message.

Thank you Hubert for taking the time to explain to me why I should save as much of my assets early on as possible, but could you please explain to me in layman terms why you could not have made the map bigger if you have made the same tools available for the modders, I truly do not understand this map size thing.

Bo

With Japan, although she starts out earning more than Germany, her income isn't going to rise like Germany's does so within a short time you'll find Germany outproducing her.

Japan does seem to have a good income but it really does have to invest it wisely, and the beauty of this set up is that it gives you the ability to choose the investments, and therefore you can base your long term strategy on your purchases. This is something players seemed to miss in the Pacific game, so here it is... :)

One note of caution: after the Dutch East Indies and USA have imposed an oil embargo, Japan's income will go down quite significantly. This is the time to start preparing your offensives, and for this you will need a stock of MPPs saved up to enable you to put all your invasion forces into transports. In early test games I made the mistake of not having sufficient MPPs to do this, and it cost me dearly. It was still a fun game, but when Japan goes to war it needs to strike with an iron fist.

You make sense as always Bill thank you, appreciate your answer to me.

Bo

Bo, to be honest I don't think we've ever said the map could not have been made bigger, rather that the ability to make a bigger map is certainly there if players so desire.

Essentially that is the nice thing about releasing a very flexible game engine and Editor, i.e. no one is stuck with the original design (if they prefer something else) and this has been true since the very first release of SC2.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Hubert,

This may be true in the most general sense (about the ability to make bigger maps in the Editor, heck I even helped Bill Runacre testing out some map-creating instructions for the Editor), but for most of us out here who are not particularly computer tech savy and do not have a tremendous amount of time for creating these complex map devices, it would be nice if the developing team or modders could do this for the rest of us, or even add a big map or two into a potential expansion to GC in the near future.

I'm sure someone will, and I can't wait for it to happen. ;)

Hubert,

This may be true in the most general sense (about the ability to make bigger maps in the Editor, heck I even helped Bill Runacre testing out some map-creating instructions for the Editor), but for most of us out here who are not particularly computer tech savy and do not have a tremendous amount of time for creating these complex map devices, it would be nice if the developing team or modders could do this for the rest of us, or even add a big map or two into a potential expansion to GC in the near future.

I'm sure someone will, and I can't wait for it to happen. ;)

Wow you took the words right out of my mouth Snow:rolleyes:no really I could not have said it better, hope Hubert heard you.

Bo