E-license code doesn't work? Arrggg!!!

Hubert, Moon anybody help!

I have all the SC games so this is not the first time I've used elicense. I uninstalled my antivirus and antispyware. I have deleted and reinstalled the download (game) three times in case I had a corrupt file and I get the same error/problem. Everything is fine until after I click the "install license button", I see a message that say "Internet connection o.k." and "retrieving license" and then nothing. The open dialog box just freezes. When I click anywhere I get the error message that the program is not responding.

Just to see if it was my computer I uninstalled WoW and relicensed it no problem so the only thing it can be is the license key. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm dying to play the game.

I ran into frustration downloading...The license key is long, and type as well as I can, it still took a few tries....

That said, I did get it done. And it's good. Very good.

I could say a funny here, but it is best not to. I will say what this company does, works (and that is good. Very good).

The support is awesome and excellent. And you will be playing in no time (they don't pay me to say that).

Hubert, Moon anybody help!

I have all the SC games so this is not the first time I've used elicense. I uninstalled my antivirus and antispyware. I have deleted and reinstalled the download (game) three times in case I had a corrupt file and I get the same error/problem. Everything is fine until after I click the "install license button", I see a message that say "Internet connection o.k." and "retrieving license" and then nothing. The open dialog box just freezes. When I click anywhere I get the error message that the program is not responding.

Just to see if it was my computer I uninstalled WoW and relicensed it no problem so the only thing it can be is the license key. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm dying to play the game.

Make sure you install and run with full administrator rights ("run as admin").

PS. Another thing to try - try the "off-line installation" instead. Whatever is blocking the license activation may be doing so because of the encrpted two way connection. The "off-line" license procedure is using a regular browser connection instead. Since your PC is able to go online, it's fairly quick to do, too, since you do not have to transfer any files from one PC to another. The procedure is explained in detail in the license window, simply follow the instructions (precisely).

Moon, neither of those is the case. I am copying and pasting the key from the purchase e-mail. I also know it is the right game.

Is the key corrupted? It is 32 characters long. I have also tried licensing off-line and receive a similar error that proof of purchase is not recognized. I bought the download only version yesterday after trying the demo....:confused:

I actually just opened another window on the internet and completed the "off-license method" and it worked.

It was not a typing error because I copied and pasted the number from my e-mail numerous times. Also I tried something curious and just typed 123 in the license code and got the same results, a locked up dialog box. I even deleted the download and redownloaded the game three seperate times in case I got a corrupt file, but I always ended up with the same problem. I am still not sure if this is a problem on my end or a bug of some sort.

I am also still puzzled as to why I can unlicense and relicense Weapons and Warfare and other modules without a hitch but not Global?

Anyway Hubert, Moon, Martin and everybody else thank you for you help. I've got some catching up to do.:D

This is not a bug but a problem "on your end". One of the security programs on your PC is blocking the execution of this particular exe. Our exe's are encrypted to prevent them from being hacked, and the encryption may confuse your AV, firewall, internet security and other programs. In a perfect world, setting the exe to 'Run as administrator' should solve the problem, but unfortunately a number of AV and IS programs and other security software out there does not obey, and may continue doing stuff 'under the hood' that you're not even aware of. :(