Two Games at once?

Hi All,

I really don't know where put this so I will start it and someone can delete or move as they desire. I just found out that if I start the game as an administrator quit that game and start the game as a user there are two different games going on at the same time under each user. I started the 1939 campaign by double clicking the icon. Then as an administrator I launched the game and didn't find my save; so I started the game again using the alliance of evil. This game crashed because my portable overheated. (see how much fun I am having?). I restarted this time I couldn't find my Alliance of Evil game ( I had just double clicked on the icon). This morning I started as an admin again as there is the Alliance of Evil. WOW! I don't know if everyone knows this already and I am just dumb on this point; or its something others may want to know about.

I didn't want to bother the support folks as I am sure they are quite busy. Also just a word of thanks for Global. I have been playing this series since SC 1 came out and I think this is the best one yet. Congratulations to Hubert and all who worked on it. Great job!

Now I am getting back to my wars.

Bob R.

I think this is normal when playing the game as different users as I believe the OS creates different profile save locations under Vista and Windows 7, perhaps XP as well but to be honest I am not sure as I have never run this kind of test.

Glad you like the game though!

Hubert

Hubert and Cantona66,

Thank you both for your response. It is not a problem for me as I can jump from one to another and kind of play both at once. I just wondered if anyone else had run into the same situation.

Again thanks to both of you for you kind response.

Bob R.

Hi Robert4260,

A word to the wise, it would be a smart idea to have it in the "Games" folder instead of the "Program" folder. This is extremely important if you have Vista, as even as an Administrator you won't be able to edit any scripts as there in the "Program" folders. You also avoid a few other problems, one of which you mentioned in your post.

Of course it's also annoying, as you will have to uninstall it and then reinstall it, restarting you're computer twice, but it becomes extremely helpful once done.